Where are my Shopbot Post Processors??

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
M Farris
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Alpha 9648

Where are my Shopbot Post Processors??

Post by M Farris »

Hey all,
I upgraded to Aspire 10 then to 10.018 last week. I did my first designs today and when I went to save the toolpaths my standard post-processor (shopbot arcs/inches with speed) is gone. The only Shopbot post processors on the list are Shopbot TC inch and Shopbot TC mm. What gives? Responses appreciated as I need to run parts!

Thanks,
Mark

Bill_L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha

Re: Where are my Shopbot Post Processors??

Post by Bill_L »

Open Aspire and under the File menu select "Open Application Data Folder". Once there open the "PostP" folder. There at the top you will find several folders and one of them is "02-ShopBot". You will find the one that you were using. Copy it and paste it back into the "PostP" (one level up from the 02-ShopBot folder). Close everything down and restart Aspire and it will be available to you once more.

Bill

M Farris
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Alpha 9648

Post by M Farris »

Bill,
Thank you so much, this ole CNC dog learned something new today!

Sincerely appreciated!
Mark

Heime
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router Parts & Shopbot Buddy

Post by Heime »

Just upgraded to the latest version 10.019 and my previous Shopbot Post Processors are not in the list as per instructions mentioned below. These were Shopbot Arc(inch) with speed. Has this been renamed? Need urgent assistance as all work is halted.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's in the Shopbot folder as per Bills instructions in the 2nd post of the thread. The filename for the "ShopBot Arc (inch)w/speed(*.sbp)" processor is ShopBot_Arc_inch_Spindle_control.pp
Open Aspire and under the File menu select "Open Application Data Folder". Once there open the "PostP" folder. There at the top you will find several folders and one of them is "02-ShopBot". You will find the one that you were using. Copy it and paste it back into the "PostP" (one level up from the 02-ShopBot folder). Close everything down and restart Aspire and it will be available to you once more.

Heime
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router Parts & Shopbot Buddy

Post by Heime »

A million thanks! All up and working again.