11 more fonts for VCW

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

11 more fonts for VCW

Post by CRFultz »

I converted these over so they could be used in VCW. The TT fonts were freebe from the web.
one folder has the True Type Fonts and the other has the VCW files. Unzip and place each one in the correct folder to expand your font capilities.
Some of these have interesting effects.
I'll add more if anyone wants them.

(Tony, Brian, if this is not allowed for some reason then please delete)
Attachments
Vcarve_fonts.zip
(647.08 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

CRFultz,

You shouldn't do things like dangle those carrots infront of us that don't have the Beta version... :) I'm chomping at the bit for the new release so I can use the Text\Fonts. Sure I can import my text files from other software. But I'd rather do as much of the work in VCW as possible...

Just keep teasing us like that. :cry:

Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Converting these over is pretty simple...anyone with vers. 2.008 can do it themselves.
Find a free font on the web....there are hundreds to choose from...download them and install in your /windows/font/ folder.
Go to the VCW folder and find the font folder ....( /VCW/exec/fonts) look for the "ttftovcf.exe app.
dbl click, load your font, then save...it will make a .VCF file with the same name as the font.
Now you can use the font in your drawing program and then when you open the vectors in VCW the same style font will be loaded. The font in this picture is called "Dark Crystal"
I'm guessing that most everyone already knows this but I didn't see any posts about it..so just in case you
didn't know......
On another note...does anyone know why my Corel draw ver. 12 does not allow me to save in a EPS format. When I choose "save as" there are no options for EPS.
Thanks,
Chuck
Attachments
first_cut.JPG
(59.43 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

[
On another note...does anyone know why my Corel draw ver. 12 does not allow me to save in a EPS format. When I choose "save as" there are no options for EPS.
Thanks,
Chuck-

I figured it out....don't save as but export the drawing....
thanks anyway...

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

CRFultz wrote:[
Thanks,
Chuck-
Hello Chuck.
You have to Export it but make sure you "set convert text to curves" in the export dialog box.
If you come accross any sites with alot of free fonts can you post the url.
Cheers
Bart