House Number sign

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

House Number sign

Post by lpcsales »

Thought I would share the wife's and my latest creation. We've talked about a new house number sign down by the road for sometime and decided to finally do one. I used a combination of programs and equipment, but it came together rather well.

The design was done in X3 and exported to the various programs to get it made.

I used a 3D model of a duck purchased from VectorClip3D and it was machined from SignFoam using Cut3D on the ShopBot. I sized it and increased the 'Z" of the duck using Carrara Pro modeling software.

The base of the sign was machined from 3/4" birch plywood on the 'Bot' using VCarvePro.

The Numbers were Laser cut from 1/2" Cedar and then I applied reflective decals that were print/cut on the Roland using Avery reflective vinyl. The numbers are printed in yellow, but reflect from white to yellow depending on the angle. They should light up nicely at night from the passing car's headlights.

After priming, Peg airbrushed the 2 pieces, (she did really good, as I knew she would) then they were glued together and clear coated.

Today, I'll mount the 4"x4" posts to the ends and if the weather doesn't go bad on me I'll 'get'r in the ground'.
Attachments
Design.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Outstanding! Please make sure you post this on Signforums.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Excellent Sign Dave and great to see the different software products being used for separate parts of the project.

Thanks for posting the pictures and if you could post one of the sign in place that would be very interesting.

Tony

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Dave, that is outstanding!.

The artwork on the duck is very realistic.
Hopefully no one takes a shot at it :)

Chuck

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Thanks Kimon, Tony and Chuck!

If you guys say you like it then Peg & I feel very honored. It was definitly FUN and with all of this great software there were NO hang-ups...anywhere, along the way.

I'll get a picture up when we 'get'r in the ground' so you can see how it finalized.

Kimon...it's on your board now, in the 'Dimensional' forum. Btw, that is ONE NICE Board you run there. Really!
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Man Peg can sure paint. I wish I could airbrush like that.

Nice work to the both of ya.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Thanks all for the kind comments!

Well the weather did cooperate today and we were able to get the sign erected down by the road. It turned out pretty good and is very visible, especially the numbers...they just light up when light hits them.

We decided to add a rider to it today too.... a little advertising doesn't hurt, does it?

It was pretty dark when we finally finished, but here are a few pics of it...in the dark

Btw, it's about 400' from the house, so when hunting season starts I think we are at a safe distance... :P

P.S. Peg is also a flower nut! She designed the landscaping around the sign...
Attachments
IMG_0128_A.jpg
IMG_0127_A.jpg
Dave

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Very nice.
Paint work is awesome, Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Bart