Vectric User Group Meeting 2011

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
StuartH
Vectric Craftsman

Vectric User Group Meeting 2011

Post by StuartH »

We're excited to announce that this year's Vectric User Group Meeting will be taking place
in Las Vegas on the 14th & 15th October 2011! :D

Our User Group Meetings provide the opportunity to discover more about the latest functionality
in Vectric's software, primarily Aspire, through a variety of presentations and training classes.
The meetings also enable you meet Vectric's lead developers, Vector Art 3D's James Booth, and
many other CNC professionals who endeavour to share practical advice and offer fantastic support.

For 2011 we have 140 places available, so be sure to sign up early to avoid disappointment.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... ration.htm

The Vectric Team
Web & Multimedia Developer
Vectric Ltd

http://about.me/vectric

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Vectric User Group Meeting 2011

Post by TReischl »

Well, I know for a FACT that there are less than 140 places available.

Gotta love Vegas! When I told my wife it was in Vegas, there was no question about whether or not WE were going. I may not see her for days, between the shopping and sightseeing, but she loves Vegas, no doubt about it. Strange, she does not gamble at all, not even slot machines.

Edit: Since my original post a few minutes ago, I have been informed by my lovely wife that we are going to fly out on Wednesday and return the following Tuesday. There is talk of a helicopter trip out to the Grand Canyon, quads in the desert, of course evening shows, fine dining (she is definitely a foodie), I may not survive this trip! It is probably lucky for me that the User Group meeting is in the middle of all this so I can rest up. Fortunately we have been out there before, otherwise we would have to stay a week longer, which would be the end of me. By the way, I don't gamble either!
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

Thanks for comimg out west. Sorry to all my East Coast CNC'ers. Come on out and see why we live out here. The weather is great that time of year.

woody1
Model of CNC Machine: MechMate

Post by woody1 »

Hi there Vectric lovers... I will be joining from South Africa. When I saw the anouncement I booked straight away.
Anybody on the Eastcoast that will rent his motorcycle for 18 day's ? I plan to do the Route 66 to Vegas.
More active on the www.mechmate.com forum.
Search Kobus Joubert Brakpan and see what I am up to.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

woody1 wrote:Hi there Vectric lovers... I will be joining from South Africa. When I saw the anouncement I booked straight away.
Anybody on the Eastcoast that will rent his motorcycle for 18 day's ? I plan to do the Route 66 to Vegas.
Hi,

We'll have to get our tape measures out to see if you beat us Brit's for the 'furthest travelled' award, though by most rules I guess we are disqualified, so come on all our Australian users, you know you want an excuse to visit Vegas :-)

Brian

Jarrahman

Post by Jarrahman »

I would love to be there but it's a bit far from little old Gidgegannup in Western Australia. :cry:

Regards

Errol

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

giving it a bit more consideration than i did initially,,

in a conversation with a fellow aspire user he stated

"My biggest concern is the I've heard "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!" That being said, I probably will never use what I learn there because I won't remember to bring it home with me"

i just could not resist this
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

BSImages
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home designed and built.

Post by BSImages »

Should be an interesting weekend!

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

Are there any spaces left? It's a long way to go to meet fellow Englishmen :lol:
Might make a week of it

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Timvmax,

Yes, I think that there are some spaces left.
Might make a week of it
That's the spirit. :D

Cheers,

Mark.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

User Group meeting is fast approaching. There are still a few spaces but only about a week left to register: http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... ration.htm

To whet the appetite you can see a selection of images of some of the things I am working on which will form part of my presentations. If your going I look forward to seeing you in a little under 3 weeks time.

Cheers,
James
Attachments
Rosette.jpg
VCarve.jpg
IMG_3464.jpg
Display Scroll.jpg
Book.jpg
Stable-Sign.jpg
Farm Sign.jpg
Tile23B.jpg
Tile3.jpg

Gerry Perrault
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Gerry Perrault »

hi all
Now that Vectric is part of our daily task, and earn a well deserved reputation, i will ask again a request for a direct broadcast trough the web. Not everything but schedule of the main event ie:
what is new with Aspire,
conference by James Booth
news about Vectric 3d scan
etc.
these could be transmitted at specific hours for those who can't assist in person in Vegas. This could be on pay per visit to help paying the cost of such an adventure, and Vectric would still be ahead of the pack.

a suggestion that i would like to become reality, soon.Gerry Perrault, Lettra-Decor.com
I rather be the leader,than the follower

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

i have attended and host a plenty user groups and would hope they would not do this as it takes too much from the gathering nature of the event,, there is a lot of comaderie and information exchanged amonst the participants not to mention the face to face friendships that come of it !!

other wise it would be like putting james booth in a sound booth with a microphone,,, i can personally garantee he is a lot more animated in person !!
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Gerry Perrault
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Gerry Perrault »

First of all thank you for replying to my comment,i do appreciate , but my intention was for the majority of us
that don't have either the money or the time to attend such an event.I have gone to the first meeting in Ontario,Canada and met Mr.Booth it was a very instructive meeting,and met some nice people having the same interest.

My thinking behind what i have wrote, was to be able to be part of that revolution of technology and and a feeling of being part of an International community and not reserved to a few.
The technology is there that does not mean not to attend these meeting wich are very instructive in so many ways not to say meething the guru of this community and other fine people that have the same interest.

Let say that there would be the same meeting in Europe, would you say no or you would be more than happy
to assist in the broadcast trough the web. One should attempt to assist at one of those group meeting,it is like: things i would like to do on a wish list.
I rather be the leader,than the follower

rbrague
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rbrague »

I think it would be good to try some of Gerry's suggestions.

You don't know until you try...!!
Rick