post processors help question for anybody

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
steveocnc

post processors help question for anybody

Post by steveocnc »

Ok I have a shopbot all is good. I also have a Dynatorch cnc plasma cutter so here is the question. I like programing in Vectric so much that I want to do it for my plasma as well so how can I get a post processor for my dynatorch to use in Vectric? that is what I would like to see happen. as a second question if the first is not possible can someone tell me if there is a way to save a tool path as a .DXF file so I can run it through the presorted DXF converter (post processor)in Dynatorch to create my g-code. my brain is on fire just to many thoughts looking for answers to satisfy my cnc passion. thanks to all for looking and this super forum of know how.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: post processors help question for anybody

Post by Mark »

Hello Steve,

I have attached a post processor that I amended a few months ago,
I have not received any feedback on whether it worked or not,
but you could give it a try.

You would need to copy the file to the "PostP" folder.
(From the main menu of the program, “File > Open Application Data Folder > PostP” and copy the file here.)

Once you have copied the file, close and restart the software.
The new post processor will be listed as:
"DynaTorch Plasma (inch) (*.tap)"

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.
Attachments
Dynatorch_Plasma_arc_inch.pp
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 292 times

steveocnc

Post by steveocnc »

thanks I will try and let you know the results. what a great forum and software.
Vectric...... The software that works

steveocnc

Post by steveocnc »

Wow! still blown away by how fast the respone to my help call was...again thanks . I put the postp in and it seems to work great on the simulation and until I actually cut I am making the call that it is going to work just fine but I will let you know. their is a m125 code which is a custom code built in that makes the torch only retract 1 inch and guessing I can edit this out since I can control this with dynatorch product software. I can do this I guess by editing the postp that I downloaded here. I have not done any postp editing but I will give it a try and give me some expierence. this will be great being able to use my vectric vcarve pro to make my cutting files as well. again thanks for the help and I will let you know when I experiment and cut.