Vectric Conference by cncjay (anyone going?)

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Vectric Conference by cncjay (anyone going?)

Post by wcarrothers »

The note I got about the conference is below. Just wondering who all is going and if this is something Tony and others might recomend for a relitive newcommer to the software/buisness. Really I'm just at the hobby stage of things I guess although I think my equipment (CNC converted round pole mill and quite capiable 4x8' router mill) probably puts me some where past hobby level. Still have not found that key "product" that I'd love the machine just to churn out all day long...

Any thoughts? my wife does not think I need to go. I'm In Michigan so it would be a pretty good size drive...

Just a note to bring to everyones’ attention the 1st Vectric user conference to be held Apr 28, 2007, in Monessen , Pa. This is a one day event on a Sat with a lot of activities scheduled. Monessen Pa is located about 20 miles south the city of Pittsburgh with easy access via the turnpike or interstate 70, as a matter of matter the meeting place is just a quarter mile off interstate 70. We hope you will make an attempt to attend, we plan on a day of good information, fellowship, and food!

You can go to http://www.cncjay.com/vectric_conference.cfm for more information and to sign up.

Hope to see you there,

Bob Reda

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Well I think you should go. Granted I'm organizing the event so I might be a bit bias. What I can tell you is if you're just getting going with this software or in cnc stuff in general and you want to learn a lot about it in one day, then go.

I just got word that Tony is going to fly over from England and give demos and tips & tricks for Vectric's full line of software. Also James booth will be giving demos on using 3D clipart and presenting on how to market and sell 3D stuff to customers. On top of all that there will be demos on How to create inlays and tool sharpening. Oh and a short demo on how to brew your own beer. (might not want to tell the wife about that one...hehe)

There will also be prizes giving away from VectorArt3D, Williams brewing, and a few more places.

So should you go? Yeah you should go, it'll be fun and you'll learn more about all this stuff then you ever wanted to know.

For more details or to register head over to http://www.cncjay.com/vectric_conference.cfm
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

wcarrothers,

I've also got several hours to drive as I'm in Fort Wayne, But I will be attending as I think the wealth of information could invaluable which leads to many questions and ideas that can be very profitable in the long term.
And just to be able to put a face and voice to others on the board will be a bonus.

I have attended 3 different shopbot camps and everyone of those were worth the time and money well spent, I can't see this first annual Vectric Conference being any less exciting. I hope that you attend It'll be fun to see and hear about Jays Food and show carvings.

Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Yeah we should see if we can't sneak in a little cheese carving... hehehe
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Post by wcarrothers »

dighsx... I think I've had a conversion with you (on the board) and let ya know I'm in Commerce Mi (so we are not to far from eachother)

Guess I will have to work on the wife a bit. She goes to things I could think she could do without..hehe

Any guess on how many openings there are for the conference?

b/

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Post by wcarrothers »

Gees now I feel like a dope.. How did I miss the "Vectric Conference" thread...

Oh well...

The webcam idea sounded good. Or some sort of payment to see complete video of the event if we could not attend. (wife already suggested asking for a conference call type thing so I would not have to actually be there..)

But of course would rather go...

b.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Maybe, you should invite her to come along. I'm sure we can find something to show her that will spark her interest and maybe she'll become your Marketing department
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Post by wcarrothers »

Would be nice but she does not have much interest in my hobbys. Becides she already makes more at here day job (Engineer) then I do (computer programmer)

hehe..

b.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

I would really like to attend, but. . . . I just checked Mapquest, almost 600 miles from here. It would be great to meet you guys. I was also thinking that it would be nice to see bologna engraved into a nice sign. I suggest the thick slice stuff so that you get better depth definition. Might help to freeze it a bit first too.

WAIT! This is MY idea! I am gonna open up: "TED'S ENGRAVED SANDWICHES" I am sure I could get Starbucks to put a coffee thing in with sandwiches. . . Anyone want to buy into the franchise?
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Bow4IT

Post by Bow4IT »

I think this is my first real post here. "He Did Say Beer" I live in the Pgh area and have some friends here that are attending. I am mainly an ArtCam user, I do not really know anyone on this forum unless they cross over from the ArtCam forum so I do not really know if my input is really worth anything here......But what the hell. "Beer" I do not own a copy of this software yet, but I will. I dont know if this is a qualifaction of being able to attend, but I will be attending if allowed (insert photo of me begging please here). If you have the software and are given the chance to see James Booth and Tony work you got to go. Here is the chance to see many individuals who have the same interest as you. When I went to AC user group, the conservations of people who were there were PRICELESS. I have no doubt that this will have the same type of conversations and people there. The wife thingy is always a big one. I bought my wife a $100 gift card for the mall and told her to take the kids and have a good time. (she is well worth it) I told her I am going to educate myself. I DID NOT MENTION THE BEER THINGY..... To video the group is a ton of work and alot to ask. I do not know if anybody is going to record any lessons and then edit them. I record alot of my lessons with camtasia and then convert them for the Ipod. This is great for me as a teacher, but the work is overwhelming. "Beer" I do not know their plans of the recording, but rember the conservations that will be going on around you. You will learn so much from them alone. I hope this post helps in the choice that you make. I hope to meet some new faces here and hope there is lodging plans for the people from out of town. Are people bringing examples of work?? Is there really going to be beer there??

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Bow4IT you're more then welcome to come. And yes there will be a how to make your own beer demo with three differnet kinds of home brewed beer there to 'sample'..... We're also going to have some beer related door prizes!

I'm encouging everyone who is coming to bring some samples of their work for the show and tell.

When I first started setting this event up I wondered if I could fill a day with enough stuff, now I see that next years conference will have to be longer.

It's going to be a great time, with a lot of great info, and a bunch of friendly but strange people... hehe

Jump over to my site: http://www.cncjay.com/vectric_conference.cfm to get all the info and to sign up.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)