Looking for a specific font.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 2010 Shop Bot PRS Alpha 18"Z

Looking for a specific font.

Post by dmidkiff »

Hi ,

I have a need to find this font if I can post a pic. I carved this for a local furniture co. in some chair backs. Now their customer wants their last name instead of Ridgemont Village. They furnished the art and James Booth made the cut file for me. I have not been able to indentify the font. I tried yesterday to post on what the font web site but my pic was too large and did not know how to reduce the size. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

James E
Vectric Craftsman

Post by James E »

Hi Dave. I don't know what it is, so I submitted it to what the font for yu, an the automatic recognition came up eith similar but not exact. I tried to submit it to the panel of experts, but there was some problem which has stopped me doing that. I can send you the smaller file for you to try if you like. oh here it is...

James
Attachments
Ridgemont_Village smaller.jpg

dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice

Post by dmidkiff »

James,

Thank you for posting the smaller file. I was able to submit to what the font and got a close match but could not find exact and did not see where to submit to panel of experts.

Thanks again
Dave

James E
Vectric Craftsman

Post by James E »

It's at the end of the list of possibilities It says something like 'didn't find the font you're looking for? submit it to our panel of cloaked draped experts, .... and a link to a new page where you can add a line or two of comment... If i get time i will try again...
James

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

The R and V are a different or customized font but the body is delphin. http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/linotype/delphin.html.

dmidkiff
Vectric Apprentice

Post by dmidkiff »

James,

Thank you for all of your efforts.

Kimon,

That is the right one, Thanks.

Dave