New to Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
myshadowboxes
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger

New to Aspire

Post by myshadowboxes »

I want to do some plaques like the attached. I have three ladies in my office all delivering in two weeks and thought this would be a great gift. Now my problem is how to do it. How thick is the wood? I brought the 3d file into Aspire, but could only get the name to appear. What I did was drew a line in the middle of the banner. Then I took text and had it "wrap txt aloung a curve". So now I have the name on the banner. When I go and write the other info how would I do it to where it won't hit the blocks? Is it done on the same setting or do you do the other text using VCARVE Pro?

Anyone done one of these before?

Anthony
Attachments
its a girl2.jpg
its a girl.jpg

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: New to Aspire

Post by CRFultz »

Anthony, in the same run just make a text box and add your text the same has VCP. when you get ready to Vcarve or profile the text, click the box "Project toolpath onto 3d model" Make sure you have a safe Z when you run the job.
Attachments
BT.jpg

myshadowboxes
Vectric Apprentice

Post by myshadowboxes »

Thanks for the reply CR...

What I did was just opened the 3d file and started to work with it. No place to put the txt box. What I should have done was created a new project and then import the 3d model. So I figured that one out. Next is the thickness of the wood. From what I see, the 3d image is about .755 with a little piece of the wood left. Is that what you see or have you not done one of these. So I guess what I should do is glue another piece of wood together to give me the end thickness?

Next is the two levels of writing. Some of the writing is on the 3d model and some is on the background. So do you put the 3d writing on the model prior to importing it?

Suggestions...

Thanks

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

anthony you have come a long way!!

jim
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

myshadowboxes wrote: Next is the two levels of writing. Some of the writing is on the 3d model and some is on the background. So do you put the 3d writing on the model prior to importing it?

Suggestions...

Thanks

I made the top plaque in your first post. I did the banner and the lower level text in 2 separate toolpaths (I think.) If I was going to do it again, I would just project the name on the banner and layout the lower text like normal. The reason I did the text in 2 programs is because I wanted to adjust the banner text to make it come out right.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

myshadowboxes
Vectric Apprentice

Post by myshadowboxes »

How do you tell Aspire what the different heights are, or does it know by where the typing is? How thick of board did you use?

Anthony

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Because I did the text in 2 different toolpaths, I just touched off Z on each of the 2 levels. I believe the wood was 1" thick

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination