This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
AcBCDN
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: HomeBuilt

VCarve Pro Update 10.512 -Update.EXE different on two machines

Post by AcBCDN »

In the most recent update I received the following error again:
error.jpg
So I went over to my other computer to see install the update. Well, it worked as expected.

After a quick browse of the VCarve Pro folder I compared the update.exe file on each computer. They were different. The one that worked looked like a newer version. I copied the update.exe that worked to my computer where it failed, re-ran the update and it worked. (worst case I would have had to download and re-install VCarve Pro).

Is there a reason they would not be the same?
Does the update.exe get updated?

Everything is working, so that is good.

Andy

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Re: VCarve Pro Update 10.512 -Update.EXE different on two machines

Post by mohamed »

update.exe does update itself before proceeding with the update. The remainder of the update actually happens through a separate patch file which doesn't The only thing I can think of here is that the update here failed for some reason. There is usually a log file of that part of the process in C:/Program Files/VCarve Pro 10.5/Aspire Update Log.txt. Perhaps that contains some clues?
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

AcBCDN
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: HomeBuilt

Re: VCarve Pro Update 10.512 -Update.EXE different on two machines

Post by AcBCDN »

mohamed wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:17 am
update.exe does update itself before proceeding with the update. The remainder of the update actually happens through a separate patch file which doesn't The only thing I can think of here is that the update here failed for some reason. There is usually a log file of that part of the process in C:/Program Files/VCarve Pro 10.5/Aspire Update Log.txt. Perhaps that contains some clues?
Thanks. I will check that if the an error occurs during a future update.

Andy