G code Error message

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

G code Error message

Post by cusoak »

First time G Code Error message.
I created ca file in the new version vcp10.5 And when i opened Carbide Motion my controller software I got the 2 attached error messages.
Is the problem that caused this Error in VCP or Carbide motion.
Jeff
Attachments
20200714_120803 error message 1.jpg
20200714_173531 error message 2.jpg

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Re: G code Error message

Post by cusoak »

Is the Error message a function of a problem in the design or in the controller software.
jeff

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Jeff,

Are you using your Post Processor from version 10?

A few folks report that the new 10.5 Post Processors are not working. The solution is to copy your “old” Post Processor from 10 to 10.5
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

Well I created the file in vc10.5 and used the the same post processor.that was in 10.0. I did not do anything to get it It was just there in the save toolpath section.Shapeoko(inch).(*gcode)
If I need to copy the one from 10.0 to 10.5 I am going need some instructions on how to do that.
Also I have a gadget that I got here called(Easy tools) that one of the people here on this forum designed, I want to put in vc10.5 is there some way to copy it to the new version also.
Jeff

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Copy the post processor from the PostP folder in v10 to the PostP folder in v10.5. Use the Open Application Data folder on the File menu to get there. Are you upgraded to 10.505 and have you tried again as it might be fixed?

Easiest thing with gadgets is to just download them and install them again but in the correct area for 10.5 rather than 10. Vectric ones install automatically but 3rd party ones it will be the same instructions as you used the first time around.

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

when I open a new 10.5 file there is a box that comes up and want me to migrate things from 9.5 to 10.5 tne post processor is on that screen.But I am pretty sure I did that then I down loaded 10.5 should I do it that way.
jeff

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Jeff,

That won’t work unless you had previously placed your Post Processor into the My_PostP folder in your 9.5 version.

I’m guessing that you didn’t, so you’ll likely need to manually copy it over to 10.5 version

Did you already update to version 10.505? As Adrian mentioned, it may have the working Post Processor already.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

I have not up dated to the latest version but I am doing that today.
then I will retry the file with new updated cut files and see what happens
Jeff

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

well I up dated to the new version 10.505 and got an error message and was not able to run the cut program.
So do I go to vcp10.0 and select that pp and copy it to 10.5 is it that simple or do I have to do something else.
Jeff

hooby
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3

Post by hooby »

You could just use the 10.505 Shapeoko_mm version and not the inch version. That should work fine. (the inch version has metric to imperial issues sometimes especially with arcs).

You do not need to do anything at all to you Vectric design (in case you were wondering)

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

Hooby so do you design in10.5 using MM and use the shapeoko mm gcode to run your cut files.
Or can you design in inches and still use the MM gcode.
Jeff

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

It is nearly as simple as just copying your old post processors to v10.5. Just put them in the My_PostP folder, and all the other post-processors (including the 10.5 ones) will no longer show up on the post processor list when saving your files. If you already put the 10.5 post-processors in the My_PostP folder, you'll need to delete them.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

hooby
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3

Post by hooby »

cusoak wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:22 am
Hooby so do you design in 10.5 using MM and use the shapeoko mm gcode to run your cut files.
Jeff
I design in mostly inches but 30% of the time in metric - depending on the project.
However, I always use the shapeoko_mm PP.

I suspect that Vectric actually uses metric internally - so when you design in inches it is displayed as inches on the screen but is actually metric internally. The GRBL controller also works in metric internally. So using the Shapeoko_mm PP basically does no conversion of units so it is as accurate as possible and removes any rounding errors that might occur.
I am sure a Vectric developer can correct me if the above assumptions are wrong.

I suspect the almost all modern controllers work in metric internally these days (and for several years now). - so there may be no need to use an inch Post processor at all thus avoiding rounding and small accuracy errors that would likely be too small to concern the normal user.

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

cusoak wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:22 am

Jeff
I do this all the time. Design in inches and save using the mm post processor.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

cusoak
Vectric Wizard

Post by cusoak »

Today I got a new shapeoko pp in inches from vectric and installed it in 10.5
I did 1 file and saved the gcode in inches and then I saved the same gcode file in MM
The inch one cut perfect. The mm one started and made one pass with out cutting any thing then plunged down and cut but did not cut the part out of the wood like it should have.
Any thoughts on that.
Jeff