VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by Stephanie Downing »

VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10.5 are available now!

We are delighted to announce the release of VCarve Desktop & Pro V10.5! Version 10.5 is a free upgrade to everyone who has purchased or upgraded to version 10!

If you are running version 10, your free upgrade has been credited to your V&Co account automatically. To access your 10.5 software, simply sign into your V&CO account using your registered email address and click on ‘DOWNLOAD your software’.
https://portal.vectric.com/

Alternatively, If you are not entitled to a free upgrade, you can purchase the upgrade to VCarve Desktop V10.5 for $90 USD or VCarve Pro V10.5 for $175 USD.

To see all of the new and enhanced features in action, click below to watch our short ‘What’s new’ videos:
VCarve Desktop:

VCarve Pro:

Version 10.5 has some impressive enhancements to existing features, as well as some exciting brand-new features including;
  • Drag Snipping - You can interactively snip overlapping vectors simply by dragging your mouse along the intersections you want to remove! Meaning you no longer have to click on each individual span, making the process much quicker.
  • Improved Polyline Tool - We have improved the way in which the 'draw polyline' tool works, where you now have the added option to draw in bezier spans interactively, enabling you to create smooth and straight lines from within the same tool and dynamically adjust the curvature of your smooth curves.
  • Dynamic setting of rectangle corner radii in the 2D view - When you’re in the rectangle form you can dynamically adjust the radii by dragging the corners inside or outside of the shape.
  • Improved sharp corner offsetting - We've made improvements to the way that we handle sharp corners when we offset vectors to give results which are more visually pleasing.
  • Improved Level Clipping workflow - It is now much easier to adjust your clipping boundary and change how your model is clipped, where we have added 3 options allowing you to "Apply", "Update" and "Remove" a clipping effect making it much easier to make changes.
  • Two-sided Machining: Copy to the other side in 3D View - When working with 3D items in a double-sided job you can now copy and move components to the other side
  • Thread Milling toolpath – This brand new toolpath allows you to machine internal and external threads for standard and custom sized bolts in a variety of materials.
  • Chamfer Toolpath - Is a new toolpath that enables you to easily produce chamfers using v-bits or ball nose tools to create decorative edges. It is also great for creating counter-sunk holes.
  • Multi-Tool pocketing - The pocket toolpath and the female inlay pocket toolpath now support multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance.
  • Toolpath Group Improvements - Handling ‘toolpath groups’ has been made much more straightforward. You can now select, save and simulate toolpath groups. Or use them in a toolpath template.
  • Toolpath Tab Auto placement - By default tabs will be positioned to avoid corners and curved regions, minimizing the need for manual adjustment.
  • Toolpath Batch Saving - Now you can output multiple visible toolpaths to separate files in just one click! Along with the ability to output toolpaths together so that you can save your toolpaths in as few files as possible.
  • Stopped repeated retracts and plunges- In the profile toolpath we have stopped repeated retracts and plunges when cutting on open vectors to reduce machining times and make the whole process more efficient.
  • Optimise link-up moves between open contours - We have optimized the link up moves between open contours when the cutting direction doesn't matter allowing for more efficient machining with reduced machining times.
  • Ctrl + Drag in tool database - For ease of use we have added the ability to copy tools in the tool database by simply selecting to the tool along with the CTRL key and dragging your new tool into position ready for editing
  • Add 2D Preview for Moulding toolpath roughing - We’ve made a minor enhancement to the way we preview the moulding toolpath in the 2D view, where we are now able to visualise the clearance toolpath as well as the finish.
  • Calculate All Visible - We have now added in a further right click option to calculate all visible toolpaths allowing you to update only the required toolpaths.
  • Saving Merged Toolpaths in a Toolpath Template (VCarve Pro Only) - We now have the ability to save a merged toolpath within a toolpath template ensuring that all template jobs that you create retain the parameters originally set out, enabling you to get the next job done efficiently.
  • Job Templates - Save your commonly use file settings, such as width, height and machining parameters as templates.
Everyone running VCarve v10 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and checkout the latest V10.5 features.

If you run VCarve on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download version 10.5 from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser
https://portal.vectric.com/

Please note: V10.5 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing software. Once you've installed V10.5, your previous version will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall your previous version.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the forgotten password link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased your software. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

Enjoy V10.5 from everyone at Vectric 😊

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

Re: VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by ken whiklo »

Is this a free upgrade from 10.022? If so it doesn't seem to work.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

ken whiklo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Have you downloaded the installer from your V&Co Account?

Greg K

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

ken whiklo wrote:
It's not a patch upgrade. You have to go to your portal account (V&CO) and download the installer for 10.5 from the downloads section.

HIB
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by HIB »

Not so fast. I'm running V10.022 right now. I've tried installing 10.502 several times and keep getting this message:

Software Not Found - An earlier version of VCarve Pro V10 could not be located . . .

I've reinstalled V10 and each of the upgrades up to 10.022 but still get the same message.

Houston, we have a problem.

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

Hi HIB,

That error message usually indicates that you are running a patching program. You need a new install for V10.502 which can be downloaded from you V&Co account: https://portal.vectric.com/

Thanks,
Adam

HIB
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by HIB »

Hi Adam -

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was fooled by going to the updates section.

I'm downloading the full version now.

Thanks again

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

No problem. Let us know if that doesn't sort it.

Cheers
Adam

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

Post by ken whiklo »

Adrian wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:15 pm
ken whiklo wrote:
It's not a patch upgrade. You have to go to your portal account (V&CO) and download the installer for 10.5 from the downloads section.
Thanks Adrian I was unaware of the process.

Sizzletech
Model of CNC Machine: Self Built grble controlled

Post by Sizzletech »

Hi,
as anyone had issues with converting a file from V10 to V10.5? I had a file with two pockets one at start=0 depth=5 and one at start=5 depth=7. In V10 it's fine, but if I use in V10.5 it adds an addition offset to the second profile tool path. You can see the offset in the attached file. That is with no change to the anything other than bringing it into each version of Vcarve. Any advice appreciated.
Is it worth going direct to Vectric for assistance?
Attachments
VcarveDesktop10.5file (S5D7).jpg
VcarveDesktop10file (S5D7).jpg
Last edited by Sizzletech on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi,

This is something I'm sure will be looked into very quickly.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mrpilotron
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO4896

Post by mrpilotron »

I also got caught in the upgrade vs. new install tangle. I suggest not having a link on the web site to the upgrade tool that has nothing to upgrade. Nobody is going to be upgrading a base 10.5 install since it's still brand new. The instructions aren't really clear that this needs to be installed as a brand new install. Thanks to this forum, I got the new install completed.

gregk
Vectric Staff

Post by gregk »

Sizzletech wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:15 am
Hi,
as anyone had issues with converting a file from V10 to V10.5? I had a file with two pockets one at start=0 depth=5 and one at start=5 depth=7. In V10 it's fine, but if I use in V10.5 it adds an addition offset to the second profile tool path. You can see the offset in the attached file. That is with no change to the anything other than bringing it into each version of Vcarve. Any advice appreciated.
Is it worth going direct to Vectric for assistance?
Yes, there is indeed a bug in there, causing Start Depth to be added twice in V10.5. I'm very sorry for inconvenience that it caused.
We are already working on it and most likely the fix will be available with the next patch.

Greg K

bs893
Model of CNC Machine: shapeoko 3xxl

Post by bs893 »

I'm also having a problem with toolpaths. Minor adjustment to a job I
run regularly and toolpaths do not want to recalculate. When they do they are way off

gregk
Vectric Staff

Post by gregk »

bs893 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm
I'm also having a problem with toolpaths. Minor adjustment to a job I
run regularly and toolpaths do not want to recalculate. When they do they are way off
When they are way off is that with pocketing toolpath only? Which toolpaths do not recalculate at all?
Would you mind sending us problematic files to support@vectric.com?

Greg K