SCULPTING

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
gcioffi
Vectric Apprentice

SCULPTING

Post by gcioffi »

hi

I can not work with sculpting.

design work as we see, but when I open my SCULPTING disappears 2d1 / 2.

What did I wrong?
Attachments
sculing_2.jpg
sculing_1.jpg

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: SCULPTING

Post by CRFultz »

Well....let's see, Before you tried to sculpt, did you copy your components into the working model?

In order to sculpt you must have the components in your working model.
In the component manager, at the very bottom, is a button to copy the item into your working model.

Hope that solves the problem.

Chuck

gcioffi
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gcioffi »

ho thanks you
è fantastico ok :D :D

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

I must not be seeing the button ??
I've imported a bit map then converted it to a 3d component and it's listed under the component view f8,
but can't seem to figure out how to work on it to smooth or sculpture it.
any pointers?

Regards
Bart

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Bart you might want to copy the component into the working model, then you can sculp or smooth. You can do that from the Component Manager. Select the item or items and then click the button at the bottom.

Chuck

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Thanks chuck,
The thing that got me confused was that my part was listed in the model but when i did click copy into model it added to the model making twice as thick,
But at least now i can mess around a bit more with aspire I've just installed the DVD so will go through the demo videos now.
Regards
Bart

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Wemme wrote:Thanks chuck,
The thing that got me confused was that my part was listed in the model but when i did click copy into model it added to the model making twice as thick,
But at least now i can mess around a bit more with aspire I've just installed the DVD so will go through the demo videos now.
Regards
Bart
No problem, one thing to add is the Component manager will only list the items that would be classified as a Component. Think of it has a parts drawer that you can pull from. You take a item from there and copy it and place it into the working model and then put it back into the parts drawer. Now you have two items showing, that is why what you see has gotten twice as thick. After you copy from the Component Manager, uncheck the item in the list and you will only have the single "copy" to work on in the working model. When you are done with the working model, you can make it (with the changes) into a new component to continue on with the project. I save as i go along and close out any thing that is not needed. I have found for myself, having only a few items to work with keeps things simple. I have begun to use sketch like James recommended, to keep track of what I'm doing.

Chuck

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Thanks for the information chuck,
I Think i need to do some more reading.
Regards
Bart