Can't down load g code

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
pratt71
Model of CNC Machine: kl 1325

Can't down load g code

Post by pratt71 »

I'm new I down loaded aspire I did s simple project just a star worked it through saved the toolpath went to mach 3 pulled it up but won't bring up the g codes

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Can't down load g code

Post by garylmast »

You need to know what Post Processor your machine requires to run, and whether it runs in metric or imperial measurements. Under Save Toolpaths when you click the down arrow it will list the many choices. My machine runs in metric and requires the generic G Code, as shown in the picture. If it's a Chinese built machine, more than likely it's the generic one.

Mach 3 will then load the file you've saved it in.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG

pratt71

Post by pratt71 »

Well I will give that a try tomorrow I thought I had that figured out it is a Chinese cnc I punched in mach 2/3 inches txt but maybe I was told wrong

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

What do you mean by "won't bring up the g codes"?

When you load the file is it throwing an error or can't you see the file to load at all?

If it's the latter it's probably just the default on the load dialog is looking for a different file type. If it's set to tap and your file ends in nc then it won't show. Change the file type on the dialog to All or *.* and you should see it then.

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

Is it a trial version you downloaded? If so, I'm not completely sure, but I don't think it will run something you made with it. I'm not sure, if it does, I'm sure somebody will chime in.

Bob

pratt71

Post by pratt71 »

It's not the trial version and I tried to switch file type no different .it doesn't give any errors just when you punch load g code it just flashes then goes blank where the g code should be I wish I could explain it better sorry

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Once you save the gcode file what are you doing with that file? Do you use a memory stick to9 transfer to the machine controller?

Whats your process after you have saved the toolpath file?? :lol:

pratt71

Post by pratt71 »

Adrian wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 am

When you load the file is it throwing an error or can't you see the file to load at all?

If it's the latter it's probably just the default on the load dialog is looking for a different file type. If it's set to tap and your file ends in nc then it won't show. Change the file type on the dialog to All or *.* and you should see it then.
Adrian wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:34 am

pratt71

Post by pratt71 »

Thanks everyone on made my first successful sign today Adrian thank you right on the spot