cutting time in aspire more details

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Ronald Reome
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor

cutting time in aspire more details

Post by Ronald Reome »

Hi: The size of the cut is 6x12 oval.Iam using a 60 deg v-bit set @.125 depth.V-carve time is 34::44 min Profile is 5:03 min. But it took 2 hours to v-carve. Rapid rate 150.0, scale rate 1.3 My max Travel is 200IPM. What do I do with 200IPM ? How do I set this up? and is the new number will that be used all the Time? Sorry for all the question , but very new to all of this. Thank for all the help Ron

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: cutting time in aspire more details

Post by TReischl »

Well, first off, try not to start multiple threads on the same topic.

You need to adjust that scale time so that the time estimate matches what it took on the machine. Just change the numbers and watch what happens to the time up above.

Since the machine is taking longer you need to adjust the 1.3. The computer will not explode if you enter a wrong number so fool around with it.

Something to keep in mind, the time estimate will rarely be spot on. The cause of this is that the software has no idea of what your machine acceleration/decelerations are set to or how they are computed internally by the control.

As to whether 2 hours is too long? Depends on your machine. You did not tell us your federate.

The rapid travel should be set to your match your machine rapid travel speed.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

BillK
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus

Post by BillK »

“ You did not tell us your federate”

Do we have to bring the government in on everything? Lol feed rate.

Yes, you should also let us know Ron what do you have the feed rate and plunge rate set for the V-bit at in your tool database.

Sounds like you’re both frustrated about not getting the correct time AND it taking so long. A screen shot of what you are carving from the preview would also be helpful.
BillK
https://www.facebook.com/CarvingsByKurtz

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You need to put your control softwares jog/rapid speed into the rapid rate field on the Toolpath Summarys form. That's not necessarily the maximum speed your machine can move at. It's whatever you have that type of rapid movement set to.

Also note that the scale factor is a "one size fits all". You've been given enough information over the two threads to get a scale factor that will be very close for a job similar to the one you've done. The factor won't be right for cutting out a big square, a 3D job or a complex v-carve.

Generally I don't bother worrying about getting the scale factor right. I just use it as a relative check meaning that I can make changes to a toolpath and see that it's decreased the time in the summary. The actual times may be inaccurate but you can still tell which techniques are faster or slower.

Ronald Reome
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor

Post by Ronald Reome »

hello everyone, I have attached 2 photos and am looking for some advice.
My machines max travel is 200 IPM. Do I have to enter this into Vectric? And where is this done?

The project is 6x12 oval. I am using a 60 deg V-Bit sset at .125 depth. The Vcarve cut time is 34:44. The profile cut is 5:03 min. however it took 2 hrs 5 min to cut it out. The rapid rate is set at 150.0. The scale rate is 1.3. My max travel is 200 IPM. What do I do with the 200 IPM? How do I set this up? Now is this the new number that will be used all the time? Thanks for all your help. images are attached]

hello everyone, I have attached 2 photos and am looking for some advice.
My machines max travel is 200 IPM. Do I have to enter this into Vectric? And where is this done?

The project is 6x12 oval. I am using a 60 deg V-Bit sset at .125 depth. The Vcarve cut time is 34:44. The profile cut is 5:03 min. however it took 2 hrs 5 min to cut it out. The rapid rate is set at 150.0. The scale rate is 1.3. My max travel is 200 IPM. What do I do with the 200 IPM? How do I set this up? Now is this the new number that will be used all the time? Thanks for all your help. images are attached]

thanks Ron

;
Attachments
tool screen.jpg
bearsign.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The max travel rate is irrelevant unless that's also the rapid speed you have set in your control software. It's the speed you have rapid moves/jogs (whatever your control software calls it) that you put in the rapid rate field on the Toolpath Summary (clock icon) on the Toolpath tab.

The scale factor is how long it took in real life divided by how long the estimate was. So if took 2 hours and the estimate said 1h 30m you would divide 120 (2 hours in minutes) by 90 (1hr 30m in minutes) to get a scale factor of 1.3

As I said above though that just gives you a scale factor for this type of job. Other job types will need different scale factors. A 3D job can be around 3 or 4. A complex v-carve over 2 etc etc. It's all down to how much acceleration and deceleration there is in the job and how much mixed movement of the axis. The software knows nothing about the parameters for that hence the scale factor.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

BillK wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm
“ You did not tell us your federate”

Do we have to bring the government in on everything? Lol feed rate.
LOL, trust me Bill, I am the last person in the world who wants to bring the government in on anything.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns