2020 User Group Meeting - San Diego

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
dlpetker
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave & Axiom

Re: 2020 User Group Meeting - San Diego

Post by dlpetker »

Morning from Arizona.

I am happy to see that San Diego was picked for the 2020 User Group meeting. Have visited San Diego many times and find it a great place to spend time. I am attaching an Excel spreadsheet with a few examples of things to see and do while in San Diego.

Regards, Darryl

gjforeman
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3-XL

Post by gjforeman »

Paid for my trip to the San Diego Meeting, and booked the second night at the Double Tree, but the night before the meeting starts was full up. Ended up booking that night at a Best Western a few miles away. We're in Southern California, but about 100 miles north, near Ontario, CA. A question for prior User Group visitors . . .

My wife is going to the meeting with me, but not as a paid attendee. Not a woodworker. Quilting is her thing. Are the displays of CNC projects on display normally open to the public, or only to paid attendees? Asked this of the Vectric staff but no reply so far.

Thanks,
George Foreman

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

George just like most conferences I've attended the display area is open the the attendees only, however I believe spouses were allowed to browse also.
John
Maker of Chips

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

gjforeman wrote:Paid for my trip to the San Diego Meeting, and booked the second night at the Double Tree, but the night before the meeting starts was full up. Ended up booking that night at a Best Western a few miles away. We're in Southern California, but about 100 miles north, near Ontario, CA. A question for prior User Group visitors . . .

My wife is going to the meeting with me, but not as a paid attendee. Not a woodworker. Quilting is her thing. Are the displays of CNC projects on display normally open to the public, or only to paid attendees? Asked this of the Vectric staff but no reply so far.

Thanks,
George Foreman
At the last UGM, my wife really enjoyed the exhibit room. At least last year, exhibits were open to all. Plus, my wife is really into needlepoint.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

gjforeman wrote:Paid for my trip to the San Diego Meeting, and booked the second night at the Double Tree, but the night before the meeting starts was full up. Ended up booking that night at a Best Western a few miles away. We're in Southern California, but about 100 miles north, near Ontario, CA. A question for prior User Group visitors . . .

Thanks,
George Foreman
Hi George,

It's great to hear you will be joining us in San Diego for our upcoming User Group Meeting.

Our partner exhibits are not generally open to the public, however if your wife wishes to join you to look around the room during break times and lunchtimes we are more than happy for her to do so.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Stephanie

honesttjohn
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Nebula & CNCRP Pro4848

Post by honesttjohn »

When will a decision be made if the meetings will be delayed or even cancelled? We're already seeing events cancelled up to the end of August so far here in the USA. Airlines don't have a clue what they're even doing.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I think you can still fly anywhere. We were supposed to go to Vancouver at the end of the summer, and I can book flight now if I want. But we're probably going to wait until next year.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Hello honestjon,

Thank you for your message.

At this time we are being led by the events team at the hotel in San Diego as we feel they are better placed to advise us on the complexities of the situation in this area.

As it stands, the hotel and our team are still fully committed to hosting the User Group Meeting in September, however we will continue to monitor the changing situation very closely each day and act on the advice of the hotel team.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Stephanie

honesttjohn
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Nebula & CNCRP Pro4848

Post by honesttjohn »

The hotel doesn't want to lose the business so they are biased. The big question is whether it'll be safe to fly, since most of us will have to travel in some way and are "above the average age" of the general population and most at risk. Plus you must have concerns coming from the UK too. I've had all our summer events and festivals local here cancel through August and wouldn't be surprised if the Labor Day one is cancelled too. What's the latest you can make a decision and is there a policy on cancelling if things don't abate?

Uncle Bob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 ATC

Post by Uncle Bob »

Would like very much to attend. Here in the DMV (District, Maryland, Virginia) are we on lockdown until 1 September 202, but this situation will be reevaluated later. My take is the government wants to avoid another Spainish Flu type epidemic where the second round killed 10 times more people than the first....

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

Same here... I was planning to attend this year, but with the pandemic and being a "high-risk" person. I don't believe I'm gonna be able to make the user group meeting in San Diego.
Thanks,
Jim

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I noticed Hilton updated their change policies.

As stay-at-home orders lift and travel resumes, our Team Members are excited to welcome you back to our hotels. At the same time, we understand that your plans may continue to change, so we are extending our flexible change and cancellation policy on reservations made before March 12. These reservations can now be modified until August 31, 2020, free of charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.

We have also extended our change and cancellation policy for new reservations. Any reservation booked on and between March 12 and August 31, 2020, even with arrivals for dates beyond August 31, can be modified free of charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival day.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I'm 73 and in the high risk category also and probably have already had it. What all the news hype isn't emphasizing is that 99% of those who get Covid 19 recover. I'm not letting the BS keep me from attending if it's still being offered.
Steve

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

The wife and I are still planning on attending....

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

We're still planning on being there... Looking forward to it...
John
Maker of Chips