exporting svg - fonts are not filled- Feature request?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
meadowridge
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan

exporting svg - fonts are not filled- Feature request?

Post by meadowridge »

I have loved using Aspire so much that, even though I have some other graphics programs that may be able to do many of the things Aspire does, I go to Aspire first to layout and then tweak things that need to be tweeked once I export to the final program I am using.

One of these tweeks is when I design something for my laser engraver, my wife's cricut or just add to some document as clipart. I have to fill in the font to get the effect I want. Is there a way to export a design as SVG or some other graphics format so that the fonts are filled in?

What may even be better is to allow from the preview toolpaths menu to change the background to transparent and export the images created there as svg or some vector format in the save preview image function. This would give even better control as I sometimes need when doing a piece of clipart for a word document. Obviously I am wanting a vector output not bitmap to work with.

I realize there are some purists out there may think I am using a screwdriver as a hammer but I was also fascinated as lad by swiss army knives. Of course I would love it if there are any vectric wizards out there that could tell me how to do this on the current version rather than wait for version 10.5 or 11 to get this extra functionality.

Attached is a finished example of a piece of clip art I laid out in Aspire and then colorized to use in a Word Document for business cards.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Attachments
Medallion.jpg

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: exporting svg - fonts are not filled- Feature request?

Post by TReischl »

What I do when I have the need, which is rare. . . . . is export as an eps. Then I can load into a huge number of illustration programs, like Corel, Adobe, etc and color to my hearts content.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

meadowridge

Post by meadowridge »

At this time I also export and color as I have demonstrated, but then then the purpose of requesting a feature is to optimize workflow. Having the ability to export a filled font would save some time in getting to a finished project, especially when my end result is destined for a laser engraving.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard

Post by TReischl »

meadowridge wrote:At this time I also export and color as I have demonstrated, but then then the purpose of requesting a feature is to optimize workflow. Having the ability to export a filled font would save some time in getting to a finished project, especially when my end result is destined for a laser engraving.
How come you do not just do your design work in something like Corel and then export downhill into the program software for the laser and the other stuff into Aspire? To me that actually sounds like what you are trying to accomplish? What you want to do already exists and provides the streamlined work flow you are looking for. In other words, you could have it in a few minutes by just downloading the software you need.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

If you would like Vectric to consider a new feature or a change of any sort to the existing software you are better to send your request to Vectric support rather than ask on the forum, I realise you are also asking if this can already be done as well as asking for a feature change so if you haven't already then best to send this to support as well :lol: :lol:

Vectric keep a list of requests which are sent to support from what I have read, although they do keep an eye on the forum your request may get missed :lol: :lol:

Funny enough I often work the other way round, I have other graphics software that I have been using for years & am much more familiar with & tend to use that for anything complex although I am getting better at using the design tools within the vectric software :lol: :lol: :lol:

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Although Corel or other software may be easier and faster, if you don't have them, you can use the Create Vector Texture for fill then export it out as either dxf or ai and/or an esp file. My lasers don't accept esp files so I have to then take it into Photoshop and change to to a grayscale bitmap and also increase the resolution. The bitmap will definitely process faster in the laser than the vector file.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG

c1nel1

Post by c1nel1 »

Import into Inkscape (which is free) then do a color fill.

meadowridge

Post by meadowridge »

TReischl I appreciate your input, since I have only recently gotten the Corel software that may be the eventual best answer for me, right now, it is pretty confusing to me, I will look into some tutorials on how to use it as well. I have been using Aspire since version 4 and while no where near an expert at this wonderful software, I use it first for any design layout I may attempt where the mechanics of using the software does not get in the way of allowing me to create whatever my wild imagination comes up with. Having only recently retired from a systems analyst job catching up on Aspire took a major part of my free time for learning new things.

Martin54 I will look into sending my suggestion to Vectric, it seems to me that it would be handy for some since I have noticed there is a movement toward making CNC machines more hybrid where you can add a laser as an attachment to some CNC models.

garylmast thanks for the suggestion, I will visit the tutorials or take a blind stab at it to see if I can replicate what you refering to in using Create Vector Texture.

Thanks all for the input you have provided.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard

Post by TReischl »

Mr MeadowRidge:

Looks like you have the tools at hand to do the jobs you want to do! You might want to look up Doug Green over on YouTube, he does laser stuff and works with corel. He does tons of short videos on various features and how to use them. He is quick, to the point and does not bloviate excessively.