Wood Available

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
bravesoul
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRT ALPHA 48"x96"

Wood Available

Post by bravesoul »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I have sawed a large number of trees over the past 3-4 years and have much more wood than I could ever use in my lifetime ( I am 69 this year). I would be willing to sell the rough cut lumber for a low but fair price if anyone wants to travel to Cleveland, TN.I have mostly Maple, Ambrosia Maple, White Oak, some Iron Wood and Bradford Pear. Not sure of what I have really other than that and we would probably have to cull through it to find what you want. I cut most of it 1" up to 3" thick.

Joe (bravesoul1950@gmail.com)

gordread
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Professor HDX

Re: Wood Available

Post by gordread »

Oh, man that would be so good. Unfortunately I'm 2300 miles away in Alberta, Canada.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

gordread wrote:Oh, man that would be so good. Unfortunately I'm 2300 miles away in Alberta, Canada.
Well it's 3500 miles for me so you have more chance than I have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gordread
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Professor HDX

Post by gordread »

lol

Lesa Duncan
Model of CNC Machine: AR8 PRO

Post by Lesa Duncan »

bravesoul wrote:Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I have sawed a large number of trees over the past 3-4 years and have much more wood than I could ever use in my lifetime ( I am 69 this year). I would be willing to sell the rough cut lumber for a low but fair price if anyone wants to travel to Cleveland, TN.I have mostly Maple, Ambrosia Maple, White Oak, some Iron Wood and Bradford Pear. Not sure of what I have really other than that and we would probably have to cull through it to find what you want. I cut most of it 1" up to 3" thick.

Joe (bravesoul1950@gmail.com)
Hmm I live in Louisville about 330 miles away and I sure could use some wood, I am just starting out.

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

It would be a nice trip as long as you don't have to deal with ice and snow. Be sure to visit the aquarium in Chattanooga. I'd be interested but my carport and backyard are already covered with stacks of lumber that I've been working with. Martin, you could just take a quick trip across the pond in a rubber raft and then hitchhike from the east coast to Tennessee. The drive from Alberta may be an issue with bad weather.

bravesoul
Vectric Craftsman

Post by bravesoul »

Lesa,

All the wood I have is rough cut but I have plenty, you are welcome to message me for directions, etc.

Joe

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

I wish I could driver over and have a look... I am in Houston Texas, so it would be a little drive for me and the wife has veto the trip :(
Thanks,
Jim

bravesoul
Vectric Craftsman

Post by bravesoul »

I also don't think I mentioned that I also have a qty of cypress in 1.5" and 2.5 inch in case anyone is interested. I didn't think about shipping, I wouldn't have a problem cutting to length and shipping the wood. Depending on the species/thickness the cost of the wood would be more than fair and I would do all I can to keep shipping low too.