V10 Tool Database

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

V10 Tool Database

Post by SteveNelson46 »

After upgrading Aspire from 9.5 to 10 I started playing around with the new tool database. I have to admit it was a bit confusing until I watched the video. I may have to watch it again a few more times as there are many new concepts but it sure cleared up a lot of questions.

https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... ral_Topics
Steve

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: V10 Tool Database

Post by martin54 »

My tool database was a bit of a mess the way I had it set up :lol: :lol:
The new Database should make it so much easier for me & be a lot less cluttered, I was going to import my old database & then sort things out but I think I will be better just starting from scratch again. Will take longer but hopefully once finished will be a lot neater :lol: :lol:

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Martin, I'm with you. It's going to be a pain, but I'm going to start over from scratch. Figure that may be less of a pain. :D :D :D
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

highpockets wrote:Martin, I'm with you. It's going to be a pain, but I'm going to start over from scratch. Figure that may be less of a pain. :D :D :D
If I sit with the old tool database open on my laptop & the new tool database open on the desktop it shouldn't be to difficult to just copy the data over from one to the other. When it comes to things like form tools I have all the right side profiles saved so I just need to open that file, Select them one at a time & copy the data from the old database. Shouldn't take to long I wouldn't have thought, just need to find the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

highpockets wrote:Martin, I'm with you. It's going to be a pain, but I'm going to start over from scratch. Figure that may be less of a pain. :D :D :D
If you start over; I'd suggest importing the Amana Tool file they have for their bits.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Nice and easy for me. I only use 5 bits. :lol:

All those years ago when I first bought VCarve I spent hours and hours entering every type of bit I owned at the time.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

The Tool Database in Aspire 10 has an option to upload the Tool Database to a server, this was designed to simplify sharing the database among computers.

Phil
Attachments
Tool Database.PNG

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

Phil wrote:The Tool Database in Aspire 10 has an option to upload the Tool Database to a server, this was designed to simplify sharing the database among computers.

Phil
Yes but I need to get it straight on one computer first Phil :lol: :lol: :lol: If you had seen my Database you would understand why I have started from scratch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not difficult, will just take a bit of time, I just need to copy the info from all the extra folders I created in my old database to their new locations in the various material & machine sections on the new one. :lol:

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by ohiolyons »

Version 10.011 resolved the problem, thanks Vectric!!!!!!
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio