V10 migrated textures

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ezurick

V10 migrated textures

Post by ezurick »

Anyone else having issues with the wood textures migration from v95 to v10? I go to the Preview and select the drop down to change the wood and after I migrated, it lost ALL of my wood textures. I open Application Data Folder and look in the Bitmap Textures and ALL of my wood selections are there... but v10 isn't reading them. Is this a glitch?

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: V10 migrated textures

Post by highpockets »

Textures that you add using the Add new texture are stored in the folder drive:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Vectric Files\Material Images
If you want your textures added to the textures listed add them to the folders under Open Application Data Folders... Vector Textures
John
Maker of Chips

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

highpockets wrote:Textures that you add using the Add new texture are stored in the folder drive:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Vectric Files\Material Images
If you want your textures added to the textures listed add them to the folders under Open Application Data Folders... Vector Textures
Ok.. I an confused by this... In v9.5, to add my new wood textures, I just added the bitmaps to the folder "vector textures" folder. Restart VC and they would show up automatically in the drop down when previewing a project toolpath. Are you saying that has changed in V10? I did try to copy some to the Vector Textures folder... restarted VC and they still are not showing up.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The Public Documents area has been the "correct" location for storing personal material images for a few releases now but putting them in Application Data Folder is ok too. Benefit of having it in the Public Documents area is that it's less likely to get messed up when moving versions, easier to backup as it's not in a hidden location and, if you have more than one Vectric product . they're available to all rather than having to install multiple times.

You mention Vector Textures. The folder you want if you're putting them in the Application Data folder is Bitmap Textures not Vector Textures. That's where setups for the texture toolpath are stored.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

[quote="Adrian"

You mention Vector Textures. The folder you want if you're putting them in the Application Data folder is Bitmap Textures not Vector Textures. That's where setups for the texture toolpath are stored.[/quote]

I didn't first mention Vector Textures. Someone else did and I followed what they said and tried to copy some wood jpg's to that folder and it didn't work. So I agree with you. That is not the folder for the wood textures.

However, as I stated from creating this thread... I migrated from 9.5 to 10 and I see ALL my wood texture bitmaps migrated properly in the Bitmap Textures folder... but they ARE NOT showing up in the drop down when I preview a toolpath. It appears what is in the dropdown is the normal list of wood textures as if you didn't add anything. I guess I am the only one that is having this issue. Although it is happening on both of my PCs.

If you don't believe me or can't follow what I am saying... open your Bitmap Textures folder to see if your added wood is there. Then open the dropdown in the preview toolpath and see if your added wood textures are listed. Mine are not.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

What happens if you try to install the textures using the Add Textures on the Toolpath Preview?

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Adrian wrote:What happens if you try to install the textures using the Add Textures on the Toolpath Preview?

It is wanting me to point to a folder with the bitmaps. But I am unsure what to select and don't want to mess up the current dropdown selections. As in V9.5, all I had to do was copy the jpg files into the bitmap texture folder, restart VC and presto, the new ones showed up in the drop down. It seems the program is ignoring the jpgs I have in the bitmap textures folder.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

No idea why as I've tried everything I can think off to duplicate what you're seeing (uppercase extensions, JPEG rather than JPG etc) but it works perfectly for me every time and I would guess by the lack of responses it's working for others as well.

I think you might have to get in touch with support over this one.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Will do... thanks.