Lithophane creation

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Re: Lithophane creation

Post by Xxray »

gkas wrote:
Xxray wrote:And now we have multiple errors. I don't have a stake in this, have had both Aspire and PVC for years, I'm just not impressed how this is being handled and hope they do the right thing and take actual responsibility for these almost comically bad errors, as if there is some language gap or something.
Why is everyone bitching? They have already stated that if anyone bought an upgrade based upon their advertising error, they would they would take back the upgrade and refund the money spent. What more do you want? Have any of the complainers actually sent Vectric an email or called them? Or just bitch on the forums..... :?
Uh yeah, you are entitled to bitch & moan and no one else is, I see how it is.
Doug

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

gkas wrote:
Xxray wrote:And now we have multiple errors. I don't have a stake in this, have had both Aspire and PVC for years, I'm just not impressed how this is being handled and hope they do the right thing and take actual responsibility for these almost comically bad errors, as if there is some language gap or something.
Why is everyone bitching? They have already stated that if anyone bought an upgrade based upon their advertising error, they would they would take back the upgrade and refund the money spent. What more do you want? Have any of the complainers actually sent Vectric an email or called them? Or just bitch on the forums..... :?
Honestly, you should really watch your language on here. While Vectric have made a lot of mistakes this time around, I don't think they need posts like this to get everyone up in arms and getting nasty as I really doubt they want that in here.

I think we're entitled to "complain" about things when they go wrong, and I certainly have heard nothing about getting my money back. You would have been more helpful to point out to where they say that in a link.
--------------
Dave

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

fretsman68 wrote:Honestly, you should really watch your language on here. While Vectric have made a lot of mistakes this time around, I don't think they need posts like this to get everyone up in arms and getting nasty as I really doubt they want that in here.

I think we're entitled to "complain" about things when they go wrong, and I certainly have heard nothing about getting my money back. You would have been more helpful to point out to where they say that in a link.
There have been a number of posts on the same subject, can't remember which one it was in But Vectric have said in at least one post that if people had upgraded on the basis of what was advertised & they contacted support then they would revoke licence & give full refund.
Your best bet really is to contact support directly about this & sort it out with them.

As for complaining, yes I think people do have the right to complain, I have been using their software since V7 & don't remember seeing any posts like this on previous upgrades, seems like they have made all their mistakes at the same time.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

I am a little at lost on the Photo Vcarve. I was honestly planning to purchase separately the Vectric Photo Vcarve program when I got the funds. I was surprised to learn from a few of these threads that the toolpath was added in V10 upgrade. Since I don't have the Photo Vcarve program, I am not sure how it works except what I read on the Vectric website. So I took a photo and attempted to use that toopath and try... chop suey and NOTHING compared to the preview! Apparently the default settings were way too harsh for a 60 Degree V bit. My question is, what on earth is the difference between the toolpath option on V10 and the actual Photo Vcarve program separately sold? Why even add the Photo toolpath in an upgrade if it doesn't function completely, assuming it is missing stuff from the full program.

I see some folks paid to upgrade thinking they were going to get the full Photo Vcarve and were disappointed in only getting a tease. Someone care to explain the differences? Has anyone been successful using the Photo toolpath? I'd love to see the settings, preview and actual carve.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

fretsman68 wrote:You would have been more helpful to point out to where they say that in a link.
https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php ... 04#p237904
ezurick wrote: I see some folks paid to upgrade thinking they were going to get the full Photo Vcarve and were disappointed in only getting a tease. Someone care to explain the differences? Has anyone been successful using the Photo toolpath? I'd love to see the settings, preview and actual carve.
We would very much appreciate hearing about cases where it doesn't work so that we can improve / fix it. Nothing about our feature set is a tease and if something we know of is broken we will fix it as we always have so we'd appreciate your good faith in us.
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

mohamed wrote:We would very much appreciate hearing about cases where it doesn't work so that we can improve / fix it. Nothing about our feature set is a tease and if something we know of is broken we will fix it as we always have so we'd appreciate your good faith in us.
Ok. Since the Photo Vcarve toolpath was added to V10, what is the difference in that toolpath and the original Photo Vcarve separate program? I only have the toolpath in V10 to do any comparison and I see some folks are upset believing the complete Photo Vcarve program would be included in the update. As I stated, I attempted to carve a photo with a 60 degree V bit using the default settings that came with the upgrade. The preview looked pretty good but the actual result was unreadable and a chopped up mess. I didn't take pictures since it was thrown in the scrap pile and chalked as trial. But now I am trying to understand it a little more before I try anymore.