VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Re: VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

Post by fretsman68 »

Quick question, if we decide not to upgrade, how do we turn off the update message in the upper right hand corner of the program?
--------------
Dave

gearheadscott
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3

Post by gearheadscott »

Thanks guys. That did it. I rescind my suggestion of a bug.... With that said, perhaps Vectric should add "Hey Scott! Don't forget to check the simulation quality" to the user manual.... Or am I just nitpicking? ;)

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

fretsman68 wrote:Quick question, if we decide not to upgrade, how do we turn off the update message in the upper right hand corner of the program?
Sorry, I'm afraid there isn't an option to turn that off currently.
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

leversole
Model of CNC Machine: OX Type

Post by leversole »

I am trying to install VCP10, it keeps hanging up, I have Win10Pro. Here is where is stops the install...
Attachments
2019-09-13_162221.png

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

mohamed wrote:
fretsman68 wrote:Quick question, if we decide not to upgrade, how do we turn off the update message in the upper right hand corner of the program?
Sorry, I'm afraid there isn't an option to turn that off currently.
Thank you. Any word when those explanation emails will be sent out for the people who have to pay for the upgrade or not?
--------------
Dave

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi fretsman

You should have received the emails now. If not then the explanation is unfortunately painfully simple. The emails were sent in batches and for that batch the template that was used was incorrect. It was an honest mistake, and after a year of incredibly hard work by everyone here on the release, it was immensely frustrating for us that something we're very proud of has been tainted for a few people. I'm also sure that for some people who received those emails it was quite disappointing too, and perhaps they feel like it was some form of trick. It was not. We try to be really generous with our upgrade policy, giving away a guarantee of free upgrades for a year on new purchases, and not forcing people to upgrade by making the next upgrade eye-wateringly expensive if you happen to not want what's in a particular release.

So once again, we are really sorry to have caused confusion. If you think you are entitled to the upgrade because you either purchased the software in the last 12 months or an upgrade in the last 3 months then send us in a message to our support team and we'll investigate as soon as possible. If you do decide to upgrade I hope you enjoy all of the new features :)

Adam

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

AdamJ wrote:Hi fretsman

You should have received the emails now. If not then the explanation is unfortunately painfully simple. The emails were sent in batches and for that batch the template that was used was incorrect. It was an honest mistake, and after a year of incredibly hard work by everyone here on the release, it was immensely frustrating for us that something we're very proud of has been tainted for a few people. I'm also sure that for some people who received those emails it was quite disappointing too, and perhaps they feel like it was some form of trick. It was not. We try to be really generous with our upgrade policy, giving away a guarantee of free upgrades for a year on new purchases, and not forcing people to upgrade by making the next upgrade eye-wateringly expensive if you happen to not want what's in a particular release.

So once again, we are really sorry to have caused confusion. If you think you are entitled to the upgrade because you either purchased the software in the last 12 months or an upgrade in the last 3 months then send us in a message to our support team and we'll investigate as soon as possible. If you do decide to upgrade I hope you enjoy all of the new features :)

Adam
Thanks for the information, Adam, but I never received the second email so that was why I simply asked. Hopefully my question didn't seem like a "slam", it was just a an honest question.
--------------
Dave

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi fretsman,

Thanks for your response. I believe they've all be sent now. If you send your details into support we can certainly check for you.

Cheers
Adam

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

AdamJ wrote:Hi fretsman,

Thanks for your response. I believe they've all be sent now. If you send your details into support we can certainly check for you.

Cheers
Adam
No worries, I already paid for the upgrade, but thank you-
--------------
Dave

OCEdesigns
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 Extended with VCarve Pro 10.5

Post by OCEdesigns »

I have upgraded to 10 but did not see where I needed to choose a Clipart package from Design and Make. Can I still get this?

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Login to your Vectric Portal, it should be just above or below the V10 is here logo.

If not you might try contacting support at support@vectric.com
John
Maker of Chips

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

highpockets wrote:Login to your Vectric Portal, it should be just above or below the V10 is here logo.

If not you might try contacting support at support@vectric.com
Thanks
I see the link but when I click on it all I get is the little thing going around like it thinking. I'll try again tomorrow.

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

OK I finally got it to load up.

oldref
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Post by oldref »

I just upgraded my Vectric Desktop to version. I selected my free Design and Make model package but I have been unable to retrieve or find out where it exists. Any help would be appreciated. Apparently I do need help!

Thanks, Gerry :oops:

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Hey Gerry,
Mine took a day before it showed up in my Portal.
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.