V carve what files does it open

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Vsantonartino
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha fx

V carve what files does it open

Post by Vsantonartino »

I am new to CNC and for me it has been a challenge. When I go to find files on line I try to down load but I can't import them. What types of files can v carve open.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: V carve what files does it open

Post by gkas »

This link shows all the file import types for all Vectric versions: https://www.vectric.com/products

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

For me it is generally better importing files rather than trying to open them, how that is done depends on the type of file. Vector, bitmap & 3D files are all handled differently so you need to make sure you are using the correct import option to start with :lol: :lol:

what file formats have you tried downloading & importng??

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

Start a NEW file first, then go to File > Import, and you have several options. When you select an option, it will list each file type for that option in the bottom right corner under file types.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Vsantonartino wrote:I am new to CNC and for me it has been a challenge. When I go to find files on line I try to down load but I can't import them. What types of files can v carve open.

Actually, that is a pretty broad question. What kind of object are you trying to import? Are they 2D or 3D? Normally when you find CNC object files to import, the person that posted it should tell you what the extension is before you download. A bit more information would help.