software

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Carl
Model of CNC Machine: nextwave piranha XL

software

Post by Carl »

I got my vcarve desktop with my Next Wave Piranha a little over a year ago. After a long learning curve eveything is good, except that I just discovered that I was supposed to get a sixty 3D library, which I don't have. Does anyone know if I was supposed to get that from Vectric or Next Wave.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: software

Post by Adrian »

Did you get an option to open a V&CO (portal) account? With the direct purchases that's where you download the clipart from, not sure if it's the same with the bundled ones but I would think so.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Carl,

The clipart is also available on the Vectric USB flash drive that you received with your machine tool.

I hope that this helps.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Clipart doesn't install with the main program, you have to install it after the main program has been installed :lol: :lol: :lol:

franazzo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Post by franazzo »

I just noticed that all of the clip art went missing!! I downloaded twice all of them in the User Portal and still nowhere too be found. Any idea what I am missing? Thanks.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Once you've downloaded the clipart from the portal you need to run the file (double click on it) and it will then install. It will pop up a message telling you the location where it's been installed.

Where the original installation file downloads to is down to how you have your web browser setup. Most download into the Downloads folder.

franazzo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Post by franazzo »

Hi Adrian
I did download the clipart files and they are in my download folder. I double click on them and it states that they are downloading and advises me when it is DONE.
However, when I go back into V Carve nothing is showing! All the files were previously installed and I actually used some of them before. I haven't used them for awhile
and now when I try to use them again -- they have all disappeared. Any further suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

When you double click it should tell you that it's installing not downloading so I'm a bit confused by that. As part of that process it should be popping up a dialog telling you where it's installed. The default is Vectric Files\Clipart in the Public Documents folder. On the Clipart tab in VCarve the default Library Browser tab should show but you can navigate there with the Local Files part and add from there to the Library Browser. Of course you can also import directly from the folders.