Aspire V9.5 User Manual

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
olaf008
Model of CNC Machine: Beamicon2

Aspire V9.5 User Manual

Post by olaf008 »

hi is there a Aspire V9.5 User Manual in German ?

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: Aspire V9.5 User Manual

Post by Savannahdan »

You may want to contact Vectric Support with that question.

laflippin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR 8 Pro+

Post by laflippin »

Is there a Vectric User Manual available for any of their products, in any language? I can't say that I have looked exhaustively, but I've never seen one. I know, I know, there are tons of helpful video tutorials available from Vectric and the Forum is filled with years and years of helpful discussion and illustration.

The only problem with the current, impressive collections of information? There is apparently no comprehensive indexing system for this vast body of knowledge and it can take lengthy, and often frustrating, searches to find specific, detailed information....or worse, not find it at all.

As someone who, by cracky, has been conditioned since long-distant youth to use and learn from books, journals, and newspapers (remember those quaint things?) I have to admit I often long for a comprehensive Vectric User's Manual, or at least an online "living index"...a sort of Wiki-Vectric-pedia. I'd pay for it, too.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

olaf008 wrote:hi is there a Aspire V9.5 User Manual in German ?
There isn't a German translation for the 9.5 manual I'm afraid. Given it's one the web, might be worth looking if Google Translate does a decent job? A more "official" translation for should be on the horizon for a future release (intentionally vague :D but hopefully not far off).
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

laflippin wrote:Is there a Vectric User Manual available for any of their products, in any language? ...
I think so http://docs.vectric.com/docs/V9.5/. It's accessible from the software Help menu as well.
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

laflippin wrote:Is there a Vectric User Manual available for any of their products, in any language? I can't say that I have looked exhaustively, but I've never seen one. I know, I know, there are tons of helpful video tutorials available from Vectric and the Forum is filled with years and years of helpful discussion and illustration.

The only problem with the current, impressive collections of information? There is apparently no comprehensive indexing system for this vast body of knowledge and it can take lengthy, and often frustrating, searches to find specific, detailed information....or worse, not find it at all.

As someone who, by cracky, has been conditioned since long-distant youth to use and learn from books, journals, and newspapers (remember those quaint things?) I have to admit I often long for a comprehensive Vectric User's Manual, or at least an online "living index"...a sort of Wiki-Vectric-pedia. I'd pay for it, too.
The online help (Help Contents) is fully interactive so you can click on any part of any picture and drill down to the relevant section. I find that a lot quicker and easier than trying to got through an index for a term that might be different to what I'm thinking. Also, as it's web browser based it's fully searchable with all the tools built into the web browser of your choice.

You could send the PDF version of the Help (hover the mouse near the bottom of the Help page and choose Single Page then PDF Version) to a print service if you want a bound manual. Someone was offering that service here in the early days of Aspire and I bought one but never used it.

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

Easy to access the manual. If you don't have internet access on the computer you use a Vectric product with you may want to save the PDF version to your computer. That way you can do quick searches by using the Find/Find on This Page functions. A lot easier than turning pages on a printed copy.