where to put textures

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

where to put textures

Post by Xxray »

have some texture bmp I would like to add to aspire, have done it before but I been tearing through folders and am unable to figure ouit where to put them - am using 8.5 windows 10
Doug

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: where to put textures

Post by Adrian »

I put mine in Public Document\Vectric Files\Material Images

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What do you want to do with them? If it is just for visual purposes then you can save them in the material images folders as Adrian has said.
If they are ones you want to be able to machine then you would need to save them as 3Dclip files first I believe. That is what I have done in the past at least :lol: :lol:
I exported them as 3dclip files & then added them to the non tileable textures folder within the clipart.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

martin54 wrote:What do you want to do with them? If it is just for visual purposes then you can save them in the material images folders as Adrian has said.
If they are ones you want to be able to machine then you would need to save them as 3Dclip files first I believe. That is what I have done in the past at least :lol: :lol:
I exported them as 3dclip files & then added them to the non tileable textures folder within the clipart.

Ok I'm a tard, how do you export as 3dclip, I don't see the option. I'm showing eps, dfx,ai and and svg.
Doug

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

3Dclip is an export format for models and you access it by right clicking on a model in the Component tree.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The 3Dclip format is one of those hidden gems in Aspire. Saving your 3D textures is a good idea. I also convert my STL files to 3Dclip format. This makes them much easier to work with since the 3Dclip format works and plays well with the clipart tab for organizing 3D clip art.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Rcnewcomb wrote:The 3Dclip format is one of those hidden gems in Aspire. Saving your 3D textures is a good idea. I also convert my STL files to 3Dclip format. This makes them much easier to work with since the 3Dclip format works and plays well with the clipart tab for organizing 3D clip art.
Never thought about converting STL files, thanks Randall :lol: :lol: Converting them to 3D clip files means they will show up as thumbnails in the clipart folder, something that would be quite handy :lol: :lol: :lol: