Flood control per tool

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
gr8evo
Model of CNC Machine: multicam

Flood control per tool

Post by gr8evo »

Hi, I am using a atc with vacrve pro. I was able to add M8/m9 (flood on/off) to my post P.

My question is is it possible to have the flood on or off for a specific tool number without a specific post P? Reason is I use the ATC and save all my profiles as one.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: Flood control per tool

Post by ger21 »

Try adding the M8 to the Tool Notes. These are accessible in the post processor.
You can then insert this into your code by editing the post processor.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

gr8evo
Model of CNC Machine: multicam

Post by gr8evo »

Thanks for the response. Is there is certain way to right it, I added M8 in the notes of a tool and it did not seem to add it when saving the tool path.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You have to modify the post processor to output the tool note in the correct place. It's not a standard feature. There is a guide to editing post processors on the VCarve help menu.

rscrawford
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Cobra 408 ATC, ShopSabre IS408

Post by rscrawford »

Another option would be to edit your ATC macros so that the M8 is added at the end of the tool change. One possibility is to have a second set of tools that have flood control in their tool change macro. So if you have a 10 position tool changer, you could have tools 1-10 with no flood, and tools 11-20 with flood. Tool 11-20 would be the same position and Z offset as tools 1-10 (same tools in same position), but if you want tool 1 with flood, just select tool 11 in v-carve.
Russell Crawford
http://www.cherryleaf-rustle.com