Getting started and having a bumpy road

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Jchaplin
Model of CNC Machine: Chinese 60-40 cnc router table

Getting started and having a bumpy road

Post by Jchaplin »

I bought the program after looking over the tutorials extensively and am starting out with a very simple inlay to try to get myself oriented.

Created a vector from a jpeg of an anchor and everything seemed to be going just fine until I went to chart the part and pocket tool paths.

The inlay is orettt small and my tool is a 1/16th" end mill. The tool path is not what I expect. Can anyone take a look at this project and maybe tell me what I have wrong. I have looked it over until I'm blue in the face and seen to be missing something.

If I make the inlay 2 inches tall it all looks great but when I scale it down to the size I want it, about 3/4 of an inch the tool paths almost look like the cutter is too large but as far as I can tell it shouldn't be. There is plenty of room in the pocket for this little end mill.

I have attached the file with the anchor 2 inches tall and looking good but I can't seem to figure out how to shrink it and make it work.

Thanks,

John
Attachments
anchor2.crv
Anchor Inlay
(625.5 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

sylvan356
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1 w/Rotary, Aspire 11.5

Re: Getting started and having a bumpy road

Post by sylvan356 »

I am sorry but I cannot help you. Your file was created with a trial version of Aspire. It can only be read by the computer on which it was created. So I cannot open it. Sorry......

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: Getting started and having a bumpy road

Post by ger21 »

Try making the stepover smaller.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com