Uccnc can’t turn off or edit offsets.

pal

Uccnc can’t turn off or edit offsets.

Post by pal »

Uccnc. Help with this again please. I don’t seem to be able to turn off the offset buttons, and / or I can’t clear any of them to 0000, what am I missing, or is it something simple like brains? Thanks. Peter.

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: Uccnc can’t turn off or edit offsets.

Post by ger21 »

Do you mean the G54-G59 Offsets?
You can't turn them all off, as you need to always be using one, usually G54.
To clear them, go to the Offsets page, and in the Work Offset column, type 0 and hit Enter. Click the Save Offsets button when finished.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

RhoTu
Vectric Craftsman

Post by RhoTu »

Correct me if i am wrong guys but wouldn't modifying the post processor to issue a g54 as part of an initialization string?

RT

pal

Post by pal »

Thank you. But if I clear and save 0 work offsets, current coords / machine coords still have a positive value. When the machine cords button is red, the zero all button doesn’t zero X axis, neither does the the individual blue zero button. I can’t manually enter 0.000 for X, when I press enter it reverts back to the g54 offset. Seems I’m just chasing myself round and round.

Thanks RT for joining in on this, I’m afraid your response might as well been written in Russian. I simply don’t understand that kind of stuff.

pal

Post by pal »

I’ve just spent the most frustrating week of my life trying to get uccnc to work. There are a million forum questions and answers about everything cnc in the world. I can even answer some of them, but none seem to address the real basics of homing/ machine cords/ soft limits. There isn’t one video out there to help unless you have a Stepcraft machine but they provided buyers with a memory stick that sets it all up for them. I have been a member here since about 2005 I think. I have built my own machine, ran it successfully with Vcarve Pro and Mach3 till my computer crashed. My new computer is windows 10 so I have bought uccnc as I was told Mach 3 wouldn’t work with Windows 10. So here I am, Saturday morning, another day. I have set up all axis ,ports and pins, trained them all to move exactly the distances I ask of it. But offsets/ machine cords/ soft limits, I just go round and round. So frustrating!!

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

pal wrote:Thank you. But if I clear and save 0 work offsets, current coords / machine coords still have a positive value. When the machine cords button is red, the zero all button doesn’t zero X axis, neither does the the individual blue zero button. I can’t manually enter 0.000 for X, when I press enter it reverts back to the g54 offset. Seems I’m just chasing myself round and round.
You can't zero the Machine Coordinates with the zero button(s).

To Zero Machine Coordinates, you need to home the axis. That's the only way to zero them.
Machine coordinates is the G53 coordinate system. Setting the G54 offsets to zero has no effect on Machine Coordinates.

In regards to Machine/Work Coordinates, UCCNC is EXACTLY the same as Mach3. Not sure how you could use Mach3 for over 10 years, and not understand this.

Try watching the Homing, Limits and Offsets video here. Maybe it will help you to understand the process. As I said, UCCNC offsets and Machine Coordinates work EXACTLY as they do in Mach3.

https://www.machsupport.com/videos/
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Coastcarpenter
Model of CNC Machine: DIY Woodrouter

Post by Coastcarpenter »

Here is a quick owerview from Utube.
When the red light glows you are in machinecords.

pal

Post by pal »

Many thanks for all your help, I’m up and running again, with a better understanding of what I’m doing and why. Regards Peter