Using Cut2D for Emblaser1

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
clumsynerd
Model of CNC Machine: emblaser1

Using Cut2D for Emblaser1

Post by clumsynerd »

Hi there,
had purchased an Emblaser1 years ago and got Cut2D Desktop with it.
Long story short: Recently completely started over setting up the Emblaser1 again and since i use an upgraded PC (i.e. Windows10, new hardware) i purchased the newest version of Cut2D Desktop to do so.
Question: I DO have to chose a toolhead to calculate the toolpath and send the file to the machine (via VTransfer), but which one to "match" the Emblazer?
There is no lasertool"head" to chose. Or doesn't it matter because of VTransfer?
Hope someone can help me out.
:?:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Using Cut2D for Emblaser1

Post by Adrian »

Are you using the laser version of Cut2D?

Might be worth checking the user support area at https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... ity/topics as it covers your machine with what appears to be lots of Cut2D users.

JimG
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Seig KX1

Post by JimG »

clumsynerd wrote:Hi there,
Long story short: Recently completely started over setting up the Emblaser1 again and since i use an upgraded PC (i.e. Windows10, new hardware) i purchased the newest version of Cut2D Desktop to do so.
Question: I DO have to chose a toolhead to calculate the toolpath and send the file to the machine (via VTransfer), but which one to "match" the Emblazer?
There is no lasertool"head" to chose. Or doesn't it matter because of VTransfer?
You should have got Cut2D Laser which is geared up to working with a laser cutter. It is superficially very similar to Cut2D Desktop but has facilities in its toolbox to deal with laser cutters, which Cut2D Desktop does not have. Can you do a deal with your supplier to do a swap? :)

I have an Emblaser 1 and I use it with Cut2D laser V9.016 which is the latest version and it works very well with the latest version of VTransfer- the previous version was not quite so good. I'm hoping they bring out an update to match the latest update to Desktop since there is still an annoying bug in the toolbox.

Jim.

clumsynerd
Model of CNC Machine: emblaser1

Post by clumsynerd »

JimG wrote:
clumsynerd wrote:Hi there,
You should have got Cut2D Laser which is geared up to working with a laser cutter. It is superficially very similar to Cut2D Desktop but has facilities in its toolbox to deal with laser cutters, which Cut2D Desktop does not have. Can you do a deal with your supplier to do a swap? :)

I have an Emblaser 1 and I use it with Cut2D laser V9.016 which is the latest version and it works very well with the latest version of VTransfer- the previous version was not quite so good. I'm hoping they bring out an update to match the latest update to Desktop since there is still an annoying bug in the toolbox.

Jim.

:shock: Oh dear. (holding strongly back some anger.. :( )
Thanks for the info. Will try. :x