Max depth reported wrong

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
hbhbbb

Max depth reported wrong

Post by hbhbbb »

Hi,

I have a file that the max depth is being reported wrong. VCW shows -0.0313" when it should be deeper than that and the resulting cut file states a depth of at least -0.15+.

Scott

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to report this bug to us.

It has now been fixed in the development version and we can supply customers with a Beta version if this is causing any problems.

Tony Mac

Scott
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha running Centroid Acorn

Post by Scott »

Thanks Tony,

I knew that it should be cutting deeper than what it was showing on the sidebar. After checking the post (after going over and over every setting) I could see that the max depth was indeed more than stated.

Regards,
Scott

doglaw
Vectric Apprentice

Post by doglaw »

Tony:

I wanted to report a couple of minor things I've noticed with the software that I thought you would be interested in.

1. I created a toolpath. I wasn't satisfied with the depth or feed rate so I went back into the toolpath to make changes. From inside the toolpath edit, I went into the tool database and changed the feed rate as well as the pass depth for my tool. I then re-calculated the toolpath. When I re-ran the tool-path, it apparently did not pick up the change in feed speed or pass depth.

2. In the toolpath list box, I am assuming the arrow buttons to the right of the box should take you to either the top of the list - or the bottom. I've noticed that the down arrow does not appear to be working.

Is there are limit as to the number of toolpaths I can define in a file?

Thanks

Doug