Gcode senders?

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
JaredHooper
Model of CNC Machine: Emblaser Laser and Carbide3D

Gcode senders?

Post by JaredHooper »

Which gcode senders are people using with Cut2D?

Frunple

Re: Gcode senders?

Post by Frunple »

What's a gcode sender?

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

If you're talking about the Post Processor, you will need to pick who is manufacture is. If your machine is Chinese, more than likely it will be G Code (in) or (mm) depending on how your machine is calibrated, whether in inches or millimeters.
Gary

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I think he has a GRBL based or similar machine, which needs a front end like "Universal G-Code Sender".
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

JaredHooper

Post by JaredHooper »

Yes, I have a grbl based Shapeoko 3. I also have a Darkly Labs Emblaser that came with Cut2D Laser which has V-Transfer for sending the gcode files. It seems that Cut2D doesn't include V-Transfer so I was wondering what other senders/postprocessors(?) people might be using with Cut2D.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

G-code senders and post processors are very different things.

The workflow with Cut2D is to save the toolpaths using the correct post processor (GRBL, Shapeoko etc in your case). This creates a gcode file. From that point onwards it's down to whatever software you use to make the machine move etc to do what it needs to with that file. It's nothing to do with Cut2D from that stage onwards.

JimG
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Seig KX1

Post by JimG »

JaredHooper wrote:Yes, I have a grbl based Shapeoko 3. I also have a Darkly Labs Emblaser that came with Cut2D Laser which has V-Transfer for sending the gcode files. It seems that Cut2D doesn't include V-Transfer so I was wondering what other senders/postprocessors(?) people might be using with Cut2D.
I've been working with Cut2D and an Emblaser 1 and I've used VTransfer which came with Cut2D bundled with the Emblaser. But I've had some reservations about VTransfer and I've been using Universal GCode Sender instead to get the .nc files to the Emblaser. I've seen reports that UGS can sometimes stall when sending very large files although I've just been sending 81000+ line files with no problem. So I've spent some cash and got a copy of PicSender (20GBP) which seems to have a pretty good reputation. I haven't tried it in anger so far but in doing a few try outs "cutting air" it seems to work very well.

https://www.picengrave.com/PicSender.htm

Jim.

JaredHooper

Post by JaredHooper »

Thanks all. I quite like Cut2D laser and thought I'd also like using Cut2D for the Shapeoko, for a start, then work up to V-Carve. I'll give PicSender a try.

ElevationCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO-Acorn , Shapeoko SO3 XXL & SO3s

Post by ElevationCreations »

I prefer Intelli-G-Code by Software redefined, Chilipeppr is great also but has a 5MB g-code file size dour to the web browser buffer size limit. B CNC and Universal G code Sender also are well regarded.