Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: Machine Frustration

Post by dhellew2 »

Michael, I like your sign... I should hang it up :lol: No one around here so I must depend on myself to fix everything :? :evil:
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Michael, I like your sign... I should hang it up :lol: No one around here so I must depend on myself to fix everything
Me Too!

ctbjdm
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: TBD

Post by ctbjdm »

Are there any of these types of sessions in the Northeast US? (I'm in southwest CT, near NYC).

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Cute cartoon, but so true. Here are a few relevant factoids relating to those frustrations:

Around 90% of users only use around 10% of their machines capabilities. (Design and operation) In some cases this due to lack of need, but in the majority it is due to a lack of knowledge and training. One of the downfalls of being self taught.

Having visited hundreds of shops performing service/training calls, most operators had a wish list of items they wish their machine would or could do. In all but a few of these cases, the control was capable, they simply hadn't learned the proper commands.

Remember: Your design and control software can do much more than you think! Learn to "think like your machine" to reduce frustration and increase enjoyment, productivity and project quality.**

ctbjdm....
We had a Seminar in Philly earlier in the year, but it was a larger group general coverage event. The Melrose Seminar will be a small class size hands on event, focusing on the correlation between screen and machine and the issues that the user is having.

Note: We are always looking for locations to vet for future seminars.

** (They don't think, but do require adherence to a strict set of operational procedures)
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com