Toolpath fills

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
levesquea
Model of CNC Machine: cnc shark pro

Toolpath fills

Post by levesquea »

Hello.
I am trying to render a sign that I am working on and cant seem to figure out if its possible at all.

The sign that I am trying to make is out of Alupanel with Arcylic letters glued on top for 3d look.

I want to represent two substartes in the sign basically dividing the sing in two parts. On the left i want to show the pocketing with a wood grain with black letters on top and the other part to the right of the sign I want to show the pocketing as brushed aluminum with black letters on top.

I cant seem to find in Aspire where to apply fill textures to the cut paths????

Am i missing something?

I dont want to have to export and redo a rendering in Coreldraw...too time consuming.

I know you can apply a wood texture to the worksurface... but i want to be able to apply texture to other parts of the sign.

Anyone has an idea??

Thanks

Andre

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Toolpath fills

Post by Adrian »

For jobs with no 3D components you set the material in the toolpath preview but you can't set material for the toolpaths themselves only colours. Look at the Machined Area Colour section at the top of the Preview Toolpath dialog.

With 3D components you set the main material in the Job Setup dialog and you can right click on a component in the Component Tree and select properties to choose the material or colour there.

levesquea
Model of CNC Machine: cnc shark pro

Re: Toolpath fills

Post by levesquea »

Ok Thanks Adrian... I'll use 3d components.