Cannon

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Dave506
Model of CNC Machine: FL100 & DIY Homemade

Cannon

Post by Dave506 »

Hello to everyone in the Vectric World,
I think I may have only replied to a few posts in my time here. Mostly just been learning from all of you on and off over the past 3 years or so. I thought it was time to share a little. I finally made something (I think) unique enough to share. I hope you like it? Someone at work is building a Tiki bar this spring and wanted a ship's cannon to put on the bar. He gave me a photo and asked if I could make it. I told him and I'd give it a shot and this is the result. The cannon is 24" long and 5" in diameter on the fat end. I used Aspire for the whole project. The cannon was sliced into 4 pieces as I don't have enough clearance for the 4th axis, and I haven't use the 4th axis as of yet anyway. I used 2X6 planed down to 1.25" for the cannon pieces. I found the cannon portion of the project here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:338952 and brought in the pieces into Aspire. Then I proportion it to the size wanted for the cannon. The base for the cannon I used the photo of the cannon to draw vectors for the base. I 1st imported in the photo into Aspire and proportioned it to the desired size. Then it was just a matter of drawing the vectors and using the photo image as a guide line. The base is cut from edge glued pine .72" thick. Cut (2) pieces and then glued together. It was a fun and interesting project so I thought I would share it with you. The only pieces I didn't use the CNC for where the pieces used to tie the base together with. I just cut those on the table saw. I'd be willing to share the files if anyone wants to make one.

UPDATE: I had a request for the files to be in VCP format. I have saved the files in VCP, and also exported the models as STL files, so they can be brought into VCP. If any one wants the files, let me know and I'll send them to your email. 5 emails cover the files being sent to you.

Dave
Attachments
Photo I used to draw vectors
Photo I used to draw vectors
Final Results_1
Final Results_1
Final Results_2
Final Results_2
Final Results_3
Final Results_3

subsea
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Zenbot 2448

Re: Cannon

Post by subsea »

Quite nice, Dave,
Have a fun day - Bill

Bonch
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko

Post by Bonch »

I cannot email you through the forums. Can you post your email address or just send them to me at bonchie@att.net

Makingtoothpicks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cncrouterparts CPR2448

Post by Makingtoothpicks »

If you would be so kind I would like the files also

(makingtoothpicks@digital-drivein.com)

Thank You
Don

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Dave I would like a copy of the cannon.

Thanks for sharing.

jbourg at omsi dot net
John
Maker of Chips

Tlomb6
Model of CNC Machine: Home made

Post by Tlomb6 »

Hi Dave , Fantastic work! Tried to complete a cannon project but never got the scaling just right. If you don't mind can you please send files to tlomb6@yahoo.com
Thanks
Tom :D

Roly
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Roly »

Could you forward a copy of the files to roelant@webone.com.au please. Would be much appreciated