Trial limitations of software

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Revteck

Trial limitations of software

Post by Revteck »

Can I ask what they are. i'm not ready to start cutting but would like to play around and get more fimiliar with it. Also is there a simulator built in or a way to test your creations? Thanks for your time! Rev

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Re: Trial limitations of software

Post by Wemme »

Revteck wrote:Can I ask what they are. i'm not ready to start cutting but would like to play around and get more fimiliar with it. Also is there a simulator built in or a way to test your creations? Thanks for your time! Rev
From what i remember you can only save cut files from the samples.
everything else you can fiddle with.
Regards
Bart
Last edited by Wemme on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

This is from the Vectric download site
Download the fully functional trial versions of both VCarve Wizard and PhotoVCarve and see just how easy they are to use. With the trial versions you can cut the sample files on your own machine using your own choice of tooling and material. Step by step tutorials and videos are available to guide you through the complete process, so you will be cutting on your CNC faster than you would have thought possible.

In addition to cutting the provided sample files, you can load any files of your own and calculate and preview the toolpaths using the programs built in simulation capabilities.

Dan

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Rev
I would like to add that I first learned of VCW on the ShopBot forum. I downloaded the trial version and imported some vector art images. I was very impressed with what the finished piece would look like in the preview all toolpaths mode. Preview is one thing but would it look that way when I cut it? I created a cut file of the sample flower, previewed it and ran it on the ShopBot. I knew I was buying this program before it was done cutting. It was cutting the flower identical to what I saw in the preview. I Can’t say it would be hard to find a program like VCW.
I have to say it is impossible to find a program like VCW
Dan

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Dan,

I'd have to agree with you 100%.
The only other thing that I could add to your post, is the support and help that the WIZARDS uuhmm I mean Tony and Brian and the rest of their staff provide.

Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Revteck

Post by Revteck »

Thanks! It's not that I don't plan on buying it! I do! I have seen all the samples and read most of the post. I think it's awesome! But since I'm building my router now and cash is almost at a stand still, i was wondering if i could load it and play. Some software has a time limit and i wanted to make sure it still worked when my machine was finished. That way it could tied me over till the cash was here to buy it. BTW Does it ever go on sale or have any promotions??? Now that would be an incentive. LOL! BTW keep up the great work!. Rev

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Hi Rev
There are no time limits on the trial version. I think you may have the wrong idea of what the trial version does. The trial will give you a set number of images to work with. These you can do anything with including saving the toolpaths and machining them. What the trial won’t let you do is create your own design and save the toolpaths. You can inport images, create designs, generate toolpaths and preview the results but you won’t be able to run them on your machine.
I hope I didn’t pop your balloon.
Dan

dman
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dman »

Hi Rev,
I was like you and was in a bind for the cash to build a machine and buy software. I have to say that Vcarve and PhotoVcarve are the best that I have seen for the price. I don't think you'll find a better product even close to the price that these come in at. I had the demo for about a yr. before I finally had the $$ to buy it and am I ever happy I did. You can make the money back in short order once you start creating and showing the work around. Tony and Brian are great when you have questions or problems as well as everybody on the forum. Get the demo and learn the software, then when the money is there you'll be ready. Good luck on the machine build and hope to see your work soon.

Damian

Revteck

Post by Revteck »

You have answered all of my questions! I figured it would not cut your designs or may just let you play with small designs under so many lines etc. and thats fine i just wanted to play with the software now and when i was up and ready to cut, try the samples. but I was worried about time limits. you guys are great and i will buy but it will be a few months. I just ordered my axis motors, drivers and router. so I'll keep reading and learning. I'm really interested in the third version!
Thanks again! Rev

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Hi Rev
I hope you post some pictures of your machine when you are finished. Can you give us some details on what you are building?
Dan
P.S. VCW can be very addicting Please use in moderation.

Revteck

Post by Revteck »

Well this is my first machine so I chose the David Steels Sosylva Plans. They seem straight forward and the starting cost seems low enough. I really liked the open bottom. I would like to do some inlay when I learn how to do more than read the forums. I’m truly a nubie! LOL! I’m about ½ done now and will show some picts when finished. Off to work on it now! I’ll keep you informed.