cutting vectors

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

cutting vectors

Post by seabreezr »

Hello all,
I might have a silly question. I am clearing inside a board about .3" leaving a frame around that. Now I want to do a vector cut inside this, so I was going down to .33 and some (most) vectors were still not showing. I kept going further down and all was still not showing up in the cut. I went down to .9 (just for the heck of it) and still didn't show. So what is the norm for this if anyone has the answers would be great.

Hope all is good to all,
Seabreezr

again thank you all for taking your time to respond to my question.
Have an awesome day folks.. :?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: cutting vectors

Post by Adrian »

If they are showing in the preview but not when you cut I'd say you've got a Z zero setting problem or an uneven surface on the board.

doc280
Model of CNC Machine: CRP Pro4896

Post by doc280 »

I'm new to aspire as well. Is the .3" the depth of the first cut or is that the width of the border? I believe you should set the start depth for the 2nd toolpath he same as the depth of cut in your 1st toolpath, or you can try the "project toolpath onto 3d model" option.

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman

Post by seabreezr »

Thank you both for replying.
No it does not show up at all.
Yes Doc it sure is the first cut. So if I just want another flat cut for the second one, than I would set the start depth at .3 where the first one depth, correct? I think this makes since. Correct?

Seabreezr :oops: :D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you cut a pocket say 5mm deep and then you want to make another cut 3mm deep into that you need to make sure the start depth of the second toolpath is at 5mm so it starts at the top of the pocket rather than the top of the material.

doc280
Model of CNC Machine: CRP Pro4896

Post by doc280 »

Correct. Like Adrian said, if your 1st toolpath is .3" deep the start depth of the 2nd toolpath that you want cut inside the 1st should be .3".

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman

Post by seabreezr »

Thank you so much Doc and Adrian that helped me so much and yes that worked. I really do appreciate this. Hope you both have a great day ant thank you again. :D