Arrrgh matey's

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
LarryW
Model of CNC Machine: cnc shark

Re: Arrrgh matey's

Post by LarryW »

I would appreciate your help to understand lighting of the ENTRANCE sign. Where does the white light come from? My first thought is the letters that show in white are cut on the front side of the acrylic and are illuminated from the house spotlights.
The red leds then provide back light, not edge light. But, I’m afraid the intensity of the spot lights coming through the clear acrylic would overpower the red and only the color of the back panel would show. Where have I gone astray?
My compliments on a very creative piece and I’ll appreciate your insight on its lighting.
LarryW

Impact Image
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster

Re: Arrrgh matey's

Post by Impact Image »

LarryW wrote:I would appreciate your help to understand lighting of the ENTRANCE sign. Where does the white light come from? My first thought is the letters that show in white are cut on the front side of the acrylic and are illuminated from the house spotlights.
The red leds then provide back light, not edge light. But, I’m afraid the intensity of the spot lights coming through the clear acrylic would overpower the red and only the color of the back panel would show. Where have I gone astray?
My compliments on a very creative piece and I’ll appreciate your insight on its lighting.
LarryW

Hi Larry,

Sorry it took so long to respond. I hadn't seen your question. There is no white light. I think what you are seeing is the flash from my phone. I'd turned out the shop lights in order to see the red better.

As far as the red, that's simple edge lighting. The acrylic is engraved from the back. In this case I covered the back with black vinyl so it wasn't transparent.