Tapered tools

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
pluzjet
Model of CNC Machine: Black Toe CNC

Tapered tools

Post by pluzjet »

Does cut 3d support tapered end mills or is this asking too much. I only see ball end mills of flat end mills on the menu. Thanks.

pluzjet
Model of CNC Machine: Black Toe CNC

Re: Tapered tools

Post by pluzjet »

I guess the trial version is V1.0 and the newer version is 1.11. I have been told the newer version supports tapered tools.

janz
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: shark black diamond

Post by janz »

If it does I can't find it on version 1.110

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

If you are trying to enter a tapered ball nose bit you would enter it as a Radiused Engraving bit being sure to enter the side angle and not included angle.

Tim

janz
Vectric Apprentice

Post by janz »

Each time I try that it goes in the data base but when I choose that tool for a job
it appears as a different degree angle. Seems like it defaults to the engraving bit angle.
I tried with customer support but they just keep asking for info that I already gave them
if they just look down the string of emails. Support= ask a question = get asked a question
back and the question's answer is in the prior email. Gave up on Nigel and support.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Janz - I have responded to your support topic. Please review and email me back if that does not help.
Thanks,
James

janz
Vectric Apprentice

Post by janz »

Ok I'm impressed now. Got the email from James and now things make sense. The x's 2 makes the angle right.
Haven't had a chance to try cutting with it yet. So bottom line is you can enter the tapered ball nose in the radiused engraveing.
All enters good there. The problem again was when choosing a tool (bit) for toolpath calc it shows the bit but the side
taper angle was X 2 and I didn't even think about x2 or /2 as I just saw it was not what I entered. James you get
an attaboy.
Thanks

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

tmerrill wrote:If you are trying to enter a tapered ball nose bit you would enter it as a Radiused Engraving bit being sure to enter the side angle and not included angle.

Tim
Janz,

An attaboy goes to Tim also. He had your answer four days prior. (see above quote)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC