Image needed

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
rct01

Image needed

Post by rct01 »

Hello to all out there in CNC land... I am in the middle of a rush job and am in need of an Inkwell and Quill pen image, in V3M file format for cut3d for a plaque. I have waiting for an answer from Vectric. If anyone can help would be much appreciated...Thank You Robert in Indiana

Sara M
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: jjgjgjg

Re: Image needed

Post by Sara M »

Dear rct01,

To which email address did you send your message to? I have run a search in our support email account and couldn't find an email from you.
Would you please be able to send us an email with your original query to - support@vectric.com?
If you can't find the artwork that you are looking for in the Vector Art 3D models catalog, you can request a quote by filling out the details available on this page - http://www.vectorart3d.com/Quote/, attach an image or a vector file containing the design that you wish us to model for you and submit the information.
After doing this step, you will receive a reply from one the Vector Art 3D artists regarding the quote.

I hope that this helps.

rct01

Post by rct01 »

Thank You, Rebecca replied and said she would turn my request over to the artists, Robert

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Will this help?
Attachments
inkwell-quill.jpg
inkwellquill-stl.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 692 times

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

Thank you Mike
Always nice to keep in the "Maybe I Can Use It for Something One Day" file :lol:
Cheers
Wolffie
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

rct01

Post by rct01 »

Thanks Mike, But can I use this in file in cut3d? I think all of my other file extensions are V3M... I am not sure how this works...I will try it out...Robert

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Robert, Yes you can import STL into Cut3D.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

rct01

Post by rct01 »

Thanks to all, It worked and cut fine. I not only completed my job but learned in the process, a good thing...Thanks from Robert in Michigan City, Indiana...

rct01

Post by rct01 »

Next Question: I wanting to know if there is a way to cut 3 images at once using cut3d. Right now I am starting my roughing tool path than running my finish tool path. But I have to do this three separate times. If I could run the roughing tool path for the same image three times than run the finish tool path three times I would have three images done at once...Thanks, Robert

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Make your material large enough to hold three items, then just copy and paste more models onto your work material.
Attachments
inkwell-penprev.jpg

rct01

Post by rct01 »

I created my image in cut3d but I don't see a copy and paste. I must be missing something...Thanks, Robert

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Robert,

Cut3D only works with one model at a time.

If you also have Cut2D or VCarve Pro you can set your file up in Cut3D, calculate the toolpaths and save it. Then use the File>Import>Import PhotoVCarve or Cut3D toolpaths to import the toolpaths into Cut2D or VCP. Import the number of times you need and position on the material. Then save all the Roughing toolpaths as one toolpath file and all the Finish toolpaths as another toolpath file. At your machine you will just run the two files - one to rough all the copies and one to finish all the copies.

If you have calculated a cutout toolpath in Cut3D it will import and work the same as the Roughing and Finish.

Tim

rct01

Post by rct01 »

Thanks Tim, Thanks for all the help, I am getting closer. I generated my image in cut3d and saved it and imported it into VCP. It imports a rough and a finishing tool path all at once. So I imported it three more times and now have a total of four images on my screen. 4 rough and 4 finish tool paths. I assume I am to put a check mark in all four rough tool paths and save it to one file and the same for the finish. Is this correct? My next question is...does it matter where the images are laid out on my material or is the finish tool path for each object overlaid with the roughing tool path? Lets say if one image is positioned up or down to make them fit on my material...Thanks, Robert

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

I assume I am to put a check mark in all four rough tool paths and save it to one file and the same for the finish. Is this correct?
Yes, that is correct plus you need to be sure the option box circled in the snip below is checked.

You are limited as to what you can do with the imported toolpaths but however VCP allows you to move and layout the bitmap images, the rough and finish toolpaths will automatically move with the image and remain correct.

You can simulate multiple toolpaths to see exactly how they will be cut at your machine. Just check (make visible) the toolpaths you intend to save together and use the "Preview Visible Toolpaths" button in the Toolpath Preview tab. Be sure to check the box to Animate Preview if you want to see the full toolpath sequence and not just the end result.

In your case, check the four roughing toolpaths and preview them as explained above. The sequence and results will show in the preview window. Now uncheck the roughing toolpaths and check the four finish toolpaths and preview them.

Tim
Attachments
Output multiple toolpaths.JPG

rct01

Post by rct01 »

Tim, you really know your CNC...I followed your instructions and now have four finished images after four roughing tool paths made and followed it up with four finish passes. I used to have to run back to my machine when creating more than one image but thanks to the help I received from you on this forum, I have learned another process in learning CNC. Thanks Again, Robert Tylisz in Indiana. hum, maybe laser engraving next...having lots of fun, bye