New Format

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Re: New Format

Post by dond52 »

My old eyes are having trouble with the grey on slightly-darker-grey.
I don't know if you know this or not but, if you press the ctrl and the = key at the same time the screen will enlarge
the ctrl and the - key at the same time makes it smaller.
When you want to return to normal press the ctrl and the 0 at the same time.

I am not real fond of the color scheme either, but .

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Wow, you can make the text really tiny or really big with repeated use of these kekstrokes.

Phil

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Post by signmarketingman »

Very difficult for me to read. Colors are dreary. Font is small.

Arbo
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: home built

Post by Arbo »

So is there a plan to change the text color, or even respond to member comments on the topic?

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Some of you can't seem to understand, YOU have the power to make the text any size you want, and YOU have the power to make the text/background any color you want, its all at your fingertips and takes less than 1 minute to do. Whatever browser you are using, go into options/preferences, should be an appearance/colors tab to make the colors anything you please.
Doug

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

At present we are not making any more cosmetic changes while we continue to ensure all technical aspects of the forum move are OK. We are taking note of comments though and in due course will look at the potential for further adjustments.

Thanks,
James

Arbo
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: home built

Post by Arbo »

JamesB wrote:At present we are not making any more cosmetic changes while we continue to ensure all technical aspects of the forum move are OK. We are taking note of comments though and in due course will look at the potential for further adjustments.

Thanks,
James
Thanks for the reply. I find I don't bother to even check the forum much anymore as it's too annoying to look at as it is now, but I may be in the minority.

xxray, my belief is if a site design is bad, it's not my job to alter my end to make it better.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

Arbo wrote:
JamesB wrote:At present we are not making any more cosmetic changes while we continue to ensure all technical aspects of the forum move are OK. We are taking note of comments though and in due course will look at the potential for further adjustments.

Thanks,
James
Thanks for the reply. I find I don't bother to even check the forum much anymore as it's too annoying to look at as it is now, but I may be in the minority.

xxray, my belief is if a site design is bad, it's not my job to alter my end to make it better.
Ok Arbo, no one can twist your arm.
My text is black against a light grey and looks fine. There are lots of personal customization options at your fingertips, if you refuse to take advantage of that then I don't know what to say.
Doug

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

Mine has been black on gray the whole time, just guess that is how my computer is set up. The only thing I find is that I cannot access some of the user group tutorials at the present time. Just in case you didn't know, I believe its the first one, the other, about bringing in outside documents loads fine.

The new forum will take a little getting used to. Just like anything else, change is hard to accept for some, but in another week or two, everything will be normal again.

Bob

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Bob - thanks for the heads up. We're aware of the problem with the videos and are looking into it now.

Thanks,
James

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Post by signmarketingman »

Some of you can't seem to understand, YOU have the power to make the text any size you want, and YOU have the power to make the text/background any color you want, its all at your fingertips and takes less than 1 minute to do. Whatever browser you are using, go into options/preferences, should be an appearance/colors tab to make the colors anything you please.

Care to be a little more specific?

How to set the colors etc in Firefox, Chrome, SeaMonkey for just this forum?

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

I use seamonkey.
Preferences/Appearance/Colors you will find options for changing colors, might have to play around with the various options to get desired results.
Doug

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

I STILL don[t understand why it's such a big issue to fix a button.
It is there.
It doesn't work.
Fix it.
End of problem.
If it is too big a problem, then testing wasn't done properly and the new model should not have been released yet,
Wolffie
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

Ms Wolffie wrote:I STILL don[t understand why it's such a big issue to fix a button.
It is there.
It doesn't work.
Fix it.
End of problem.
If it is too big a problem, then testing wasn't done properly and the new model should not have been released yet,
Wolffie
Hi, Ms Wolffie, have you tried making a new shortcut to the new forum?

I was having trouble in the beginning as well until a I made new shortcut. The "V" favicon is no longer there, but at least I'm able to stay logged in now.

Dave
--------------
Dave

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

In Firefox, you change the colors and font by clicking Options, then choose the Content button (third from left) and you'll see options to change color and font. Unfortunately, this changes color and font for everything, including sites that were perfectly readable previously. Not really the solution many of us are looking for.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost