looking for some help/idea

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Patrick Stone™
Model of CNC Machine: Cast CNC

looking for some help/idea

Post by Patrick Stone™ »

I can't really wrap my head around this one. Want to do a basically flat bull dog with a rounded bat in his mouth.

So I used a round over and pocketing toolpath.

I don't want to model the whole darn bull dog. Dont care about the wood grain in the bat, I can paint that in, but would basically like an intarsia type look bulldog with a 3D or rounded profile bat in his mouth. Teeth have to go over the bat so it looks like it is in his mouth.

Aspire file with vectors and intarsia type toolpaths already in place for bulldog in my public drop box:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/862 ... help.crv3d
Attachments
Capture.JPG

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Re: looking for some help/idea

Post by zeeway »

Here's a baseball bat for you that I did for my grandson. Did this with a two rail sweep. Maybe you can put teeth on it...

Angie
Baseball Bat1.crv3d
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
It was for a Babe Ruth project...hence the "Bambino"...

Patrick Stone™
Model of CNC Machine: Cast CNC

Post by Patrick Stone™ »

Hmmm, What if I cut the dog intarsia style, then pocketed out the shape of the bat .6" Then cut the bat as a separate component limit model to height of .5"

then somehow model the top two teeth biting into the bat, so the total height of bat plus teeth are a total height of model of .6" Thus the model of the bat is .5" and the teeth are added and blended with a total height of .1" so total height of baked model is .6"?

So hmm that leaves me with it is really easy to model the bat shape but any ideas how to make the teeth biting into the bat a realistic look?
Attachments
Capture.JPG

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dond52 »

Just a thought here. If you basically cut the bulldog out flat like an intarsia project and build it up from its back legs to it's head you will create a small amount of clearance room for a 3 D bat. Create the bat to be tapered like a real bat. You can create the teeth modeled on the bat and just cut a shallow pocket to rest the bat in. I hope this helps. Even better yet would be to get one of those Miniature Little Slugger bats from the Louisville Slugger co. and glue a set of teeth on it and then glue in place on the bulldog.

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

You could model the bulldog as 2d including the teeth. Then with index holes, turn it over and pocket from the back side, leaving the teeth about 3/16 thick, and then insert bat carefully.

Angie

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I used you picture in Adobe Illustrator and converted it into vectors. It's a little small, so you may want to enlarge it once you open it into Aspire 4. It's all set to model the different components to built an intarsia. Gary

https://www.dropbox.com/s/powxrtq4bs0o4k2/bulldog.crv3d