Output toolpaths-v4

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
John Murphy
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 5010

Output toolpaths-v4

Post by John Murphy »

I just upgraded to Aspire 4, and I immediately noticed a change in the way my files are output. It's not so much the output, and the naming.

In version 3.5 when I chose multiple toolpaths, the name would be the first tool-path in the tool-path list. Now when I do the same thing in v4, it appears ti insert the Aspire file name. Is there a way to have it output the tool-path name instead of having to re name a file each time I post it?

John

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Output toolpaths-v4

Post by tmerrill »

Hi John,

Aspire will look at the post processor you are using and if it is one that supports a toolchange (either manual or automatic) it will use the file name as you are seeing. The assumption is one saved toolpath per project.

If you are using a post processor that does not support tool changes then it will revert to the previous method of using the first toolpath selected.

Tim

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Tim.

I'm using the same post processor I've used for the last 4 years. If it is the same post processor, why would there be any difference?

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

John,

This is a new addition in V4. I believe the program looks for a TOOLCHANGE section in the post processor you have selected and bases it's choice on that. If a TOOLCHANGE section exists, it uses the file name. If it does not exist, it reverts to the old way.

Use a text editor and take a look at your post processor. If there is a TOOLCHANGE section and you do not use it, try commenting it out and see if the behavior changes.

If there isn't a TOOLCHANGE section you may want to send the post processor to support@vectric.com and let them take a look at it. Possibly something has changed since beta testing completed.

Tim

John Murphy
Vectric Wizard

Post by John Murphy »

Hi Tim.

I have a tool changer on my machine, 8 automated and 8 manual.

Maybe I will give them a shout and see whats up

thanks for the help.