losing o's and dado's

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Erik B
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

losing o's and dado's

Post by Erik B »

I drew two sides, left and right with identical machining, cut and pasted one copy of each, then tried nesting 5 copies of each. The file shows what I came out with. The original pasted sides were fine.

The left sides are messed up, but not consistently. What could be causing this?

Erik
Attachments
nesting question.crv
(247 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Re: losing o's and dado's

Post by dond52 »

Erik, With the right side you have everything grouped. On the left side nothing is grouped and the dados and lettering are placed someplace random. Try grouping the left side also. I believe the holes are on the left side at the top of sheet 1. I don't know where the dadoes are. Also the inside of the lettering are with the holes.

Erik B
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

Re: losing o's and dado's

Post by Erik B »

I tried this operation again, first ungrouping everything and then grouping again to make sure I got everything. Then I nested 6 pieces of each. The right side comes out fine, the left side's vectors are all over the place.

Then I re-drew the part from scratch. Template, perimeter vector, associate with toolpath, move on to the next 3 vectors, creating a layer for each one.

Cut, paste to new window, create 6 copies, and they successfully nest with vectors intact.

Next, cut past the new part with another part, nest 6 copies of each. It works.

I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but it was easier to simply draw the piece over again. Un-grouping and grouping was not effective

Erik