I need help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
artesaniasfuturo
Model of CNC Machine: router

I need help

Post by artesaniasfuturo »

Hello
I am from Argentina and I need help because I work with the VCarve Pro and a router (I cut wood). I draw with the Autocad but when I send the files to VCarve Pro, this changes the measures. If someone can help me I will be very greatful
Thank you

PD: Maybe wrote badly because I speak Spanish. Sorry and thank you

:D

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Re: I need help

Post by Mike-S »

Your English is far better than my Spanish.

Posting a picture of your problem would help us help you.

If the imported file is too small or too large, can you drag one of the corner boxes to re-size? (Sorry if this is too basic.)

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

Start V Carve Pro, and make sure under Job Setup you chose either mm or inches to be consistent with your drawing before you import it.

Angie

artesaniasfuturo

My problem is that when I cut the figures with the router, it cut differents measures to which I design with the Autocad.

Thank you mike-s and zeeway

artesaniasfuturo

I will give an example:
In this morning I designed a circle with 10 cm. of diameter, after I edited this file with the VCarve Pro and when I cut this whit the router it had 9,5 cm. of diameter

Thank you

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dond52 »

Does this happen all the time or just recently? Just a shot in the dark here, But, is there a chance you are using a 1/4 inch diameter cutter thinking it is a 6 mm diameter cutter?

motoxy
Model of CNC Machine: home built 3 soon 4 axis

Post by motoxy »

If your cutting out with a profile have you set the machining vectors to on line rather than outside?

bruce

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

Once the autocad drawing is imported into V Carve Pro, you will able to check the size again. If (1) you set the same tool size in the V Carve Pro as you are actually using on your machine, and (2) have set the tool to cut on the outside of the shape, and (3) your machine is calibrated correctly and is operating correctly, you will get the same size part as your drawing. If any of those three steps are not correct, you may get a size other than that you designed on your autocad drawing.

Espero que esto te ayuda...and I hope my Spanish is understandable.

Angie

toymaker
Vectric Craftsman

Post by toymaker »

Hi
That happens to me as well, especially with customers material. I always make a reference square around more complex drawings. When I import this drawing to aspire I select everything and check the measure with the "set size" function, if it is off, I just resize it to the original size. That way all components will have the correct size.
Works with all vector files.

Christer
http://www.skyltproffset.se