How to set lines on mach 3 to complete job

Gerry Perrault
Vectric Apprentice

How to set lines on mach 3 to complete job

Post by Gerry Perrault »

hi to all, help needed for mach3
I am doing a large job 12 hours of cutting time,last night i stop my machine at line 241500 on mach3.
Today i want to complete my job, but don't remember how to go back to my line to start the job,can someone show me how to do it .Thank you
I rather be the leader,than the follower

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Re: HOW TO SET LINES ON MACH 3 TO COMPLETE JOB

Post by dond52 »

Hello Gerry,
On your Mach3 display screen on the left side, where you load a program, there is a line for " start at line number"
enter your line number there. When you press "start from line # you will get a premove and will then move all axis to that position.
Before you hit the OK button , manually move to the X,Y, location listed in the premove. Other wise Mach 3 will move ALL 3 axis to the given destination. Possibly ruining your workpiece. After manually moving to the Premove X,Y location you should be OK to start at your line #.
Or , you could use the MDI screen to move to the premove X,Y destination.
I hope this helps you.
Don

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Re: HOW TO SET LINES ON MACH 3 TO COMPLETE JOB

Post by zeeway »

Hopefully your machine is still referenced from the same x=0 y=0 location. I have learned to start all my jobs by "ref all home" which moves everything to the left end of each axis (machine x=0 and y=0), and z =0 at the top of the z slide. I move manually move the axis to my zero job position (and zero the work x and y) , and zero z, as well. I then make a note of the machine coordinates of the work x=0 and y=0 locations. That way if I should lose by work zero locations, I can go back to them from first "ref all home" and moving the axis to the previously noted zero locations.

Angie