Stuck

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
rickbw
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Avid CNC

Stuck

Post by rickbw »

I've attempted a couple different solutions to the Post Processor issue (Avid CNC is not listed as a PP in PhotoVCarve).

I copied the Avid PP that I use in Aspire and pasted it in the C:\Progran Files (x86)\PhotoVCarve\PostP

But when I oen PhotoVCarve I get an error with the PP (attachment "PP.jpg")

I also tried to load a picture and save the file as a pvc file (After calculating the "Set Cutting Parameters") & then open it in Aspire. The picture gets loaded in the 2D View, but when I attempt to calculate the Toolpath with my Avid PP, I get an error that I must select a bitmap (see 2nd file "Bitmap.jpg").

I'm a newbie at this so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - any suggestions?
Attachments
PP.jpg
Bitmap.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Stuck

Post by Adrian »

PhotoVCarve is an old program so it doesn't support many of the post processor instructions that come with the newer programs.

What type of job are you trying to create? You have Aspire and everything that can be done in PhotoVCarve (including lithopanes) can be done in Aspire so there is not really any need to use the older program.

If you do want to load a PVC file then you don't need to calculate a toolpath. The toolpath comes in as part of the import and can't be recalculated. You can save it with whatever post processor you need.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Stuck

Post by adze_cnc »

The post-processors for VCarve and Aspire downloadable from Axiom internally have references to Mach 2/3. I have not compared those files and the actual Mach 2/3 post processors to see if the only thing internally is a rebranding as Axiom. But Mach 2/3 might be a start,