Where can I add a PhotoVCarve post processor?

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
kristenanne77
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShapeOko 2

Where can I add a PhotoVCarve post processor?

Post by kristenanne77 »

I haven't used PhotoVcarve in a long time.
I have used the PhotoVCarve function in VCarve desktop10.5, but the PhotoVCarve program gives a little more flexiblity.
My ShapeOko postprocessors for PhotoVCarve show up in the PhotoVCarve post processor directory, but they do not show up on the drop-down menu within PhotoVCarve. (They used to show up a few years ago when I was using the program regularly.
How can I get the drop down to see these post processors??

Thanks
K

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Where can I add a PhotoVCarve post processor?

Post by Adrian »

I haven't used PhotoVCarve for a long time let alone add a post processor so I'm not sure if it's still the same issues with the latest version of Windows.

Being an older program PhotoVCarve stores its post processors within the Program Files directory and versions of Windows from (I believe) 7 onwards really don't like users changing/storing files in those areas.

Depending on the version of Windows and how security is setup the post processors can end being mirrored in the Windows VirtualStore so they look like they are in the PostP folder but they aren't really.

The easiest way to operate if you have both programs is to toolpath the file the way you want it in PhotoVCarve and then save the actual file from the File menu rather than saving the toolpath file. You can then go to VCarve and use the File, Import menu to import the PhotoVCarve file and save the toolpaths from within VCarve using your post processors there. Only one set of post processors to worry about then.

kristenanne77
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShapeOko 2

Re: Where can I add a PhotoVCarve post processor?

Post by kristenanne77 »

I saved a test pvc file made in PhotoVCarve.
Imported the pvc file to VCarve desktop.
The process seems to work.

Thanks
K