PhotoVCarve Troubleshooting

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
PatentDraftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR6 CNC Router 24X36"

PhotoVCarve Troubleshooting

Post by PatentDraftsman »

Hi,

After some struggle trying to get the results I wanted I finally had success with creating the image I wanted. see dog.png image. Life was good.
dog.png

Then, I went to my next project, an image for a guitar, see guitar.png. What the >>&*^(? I used the same setting in vCarve, the same type of file, resolution, size, etc. etc. and the results are terrible. I never even cut it out as you can see.
Guitar.png
Below are the settings i used for both cuts, again, everything was the same. I figured that the first image worked so well that I will just use those settings.
settings.PNG
Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it? I would like to fix the image but more importantly understand why the results are so far apart.

one thing I noticed when the images were carving is that the good one was creating sawdust the v-bit was moving so close to the last line while the image that came out bad, the spacing between carves was a lot bigger, I mean a huge difference. Again, the settings were the same so I don't understand why this occurred.

Thanks in advance.

David
David
Abricay Workshop
Quincy, MA 02171

www.abricay.com

PatentDraftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR6 CNC Router 24X36"

Re: PhotoVCarve Troubleshooting

Post by PatentDraftsman »

hi,
right after posting, I remembered a video where you could override the 100% setting for the line spacing. I put in 35% and right away the density of the grid went up and the carve time went from 4 to 20 minutes. It is running right now and I suspect this will fix the issue, I hope. I responded right away as I didn't want someone here taking the time to respond to something I think is solved. I will be back if this is not the case. :shock:

thanks for all the past help. David
David
Abricay Workshop
Quincy, MA 02171

www.abricay.com