Shark Post Processor?

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
WV Kokamo Joe
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built KRMx01

Shark Post Processor?

Post by WV Kokamo Joe »

I have Aspire and it has the post processor for my Shark CNC but noticed that my PhotoVCarve only has a limited number of processor options listed. How do I get the post processor for my Shark for this or am I overlooking something? Do I need to save the file created in PVC and then open in Aspire and use that processor?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Shark Post Processor?

Post by Adrian »

PhotoVCarve is much, much older program so doesn't have as many post processors and doesn't support a lot of the features that Cut2D/VCarve/Aspire do in the post processors.

You can either download/create a post processor and install it for your machine, I expect it has been done before with such a popular machine or, as you say, just import the file into Aspire and toolpath it from there.

If you're running v10 of Aspire though there is no need to use PhotoVCarve at all. Everything that PhotoVCarve can do Aspire can do as well. Even with earlier versions of Aspire you can do the same things just in a slightly different way.

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Re: Shark Post Processor?

Post by tonydude919 »

Just go here and page down a little and there you have it. https://www.nextwaveautomation.com/downloads-links

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave