file ext.

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Roy Esslinger
Model of CNC Machine: home built

file ext.

Post by Roy Esslinger »

how do you convert a .jpg to a .png or a file thats originally a .jpg in photoshop to a file that will work in V-Carve Pro

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: file ext.

Post by mezalick »

Jpg's can be brought into V-Carve Pro

Fron their website;

Many file types can now be dragged directly into VCarve Pro’s 2D View from Windows Explorer. This will cause the file to be imported and, if appropriate, positioned at the drop position. Supported file types are:
 Vectors - EPS/AI/PDF
 CAD Drawings - DXF/DWG
 Vectors - CRV
 Bitmap - BMP, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF
 Toolpaths - V3D

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What do you mean when you say convert it to a file that will work in v care Roy ? what is it that you are trying to do.

Like Michael has said you can drag the files in or you can import them by selecting import bitmap from the dropdown menu.

Roy Esslinger

Post by Roy Esslinger »

I am learning to use PHOTO V-CARVE and I purchased Adobe Photoshop. I loaded the picture I want to use in Photo Shop and edited it as the tutorial said. It is saved with an extension of .PSD I need to get it to PHOTO V-CARVE and PHOTO V-CARVE does not accept files with a .PSD extension.

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

PSD is the PhotoShop native format, not an exchange format like PNG or JPG : http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/photos ... Id-1036097

What you need to do is to export the image into the format that you want, or use 'Save As..' Probably under the 'File' menu, but I don't use PS, so I can't help you beyond this ...
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Paul says PSD is Photoshop's native format, every program has it's own native format, that is how the program saves files & stores them on your computer. If you want to be able to use that file with a different program then you need to save it with a different file extension. You generally can't do that by selecting save from the drop down menu & need to select save as.
Once you select save as you should then have the option to save as different file extensions, should be quite a good choice, you just need to select one that PVC is able to import. JPEG would be one but a better one to use would either be BMP or TIFF, both of these will work with PVC so that is what I would use.

Roy Esslinger

Post by Roy Esslinger »

Your help has been great and I fully understand now what I doing wrong Thanks for your great support